• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Automatic image tagging

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Update: See this reply for a list of third-party plugins providing automatic image tagging: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/automatic-image-tagging-with-google-cloud-vis... -- John Ellis]

Hi all,
who of you likes organising and tagging pictures in your image catalogue? I don't. I'd love to keep my focus on taking photos. When I read about the Google Cloud Vision API, I thought this cloud be the solution for my problem that I don't like organising, but love having things organised. Cloud Vision is a service that takes an image and returns a set of keywords, places, brancs, etc. it detected. Why not let Google do the work?
So I started learning Lua and Lightroom development to create such a Plugin by myself (hold on, it is nothing there yet).
When I started thinking about the actual plug-in, the question came up what would other Lightroom users expect it to look like? And what other features do you expect? So I forwarding these questions to you. What do you think of it? Do you think this plug-in is helpful to you? What are your expectations?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read the previous replies, but I'm not sure that my situation fits any of the solutions... I'm not looking for general keywords such as car and racetrack, I'm looking for the driver's name after linking that tag to a number style or photo of his car.  Each night will have a dozen+ photos of 80+ different drivers, and there will be 80+ races per year.  Below is my original request on another forum that lead me here:

This may or may not be something that will be useful to the majority, but... looking at the "facial recognition" features gave me an idea.  As a motorsports photographer, it would save an incredible amount of time if we could get lightroom to "recognize" a particular number style or feature on a car and label it with the driver's name the way that it recognizes a face and labels it with the person's name.  When shooting 1000+ shots per night over 4-6 different divisions, it could take hours to label each car with the driver's name that would unlock the ability for customers to search for their particular car when looking to purchase photos.  IF Lightroom could do that work for us, it would be a game changer, and IMO it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch from the "facial recognition" ability.   Thanks for your consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new tool out .It's called Smart Image Tagger.It can automatically recognize image content and tag images based on the content.The software can also organize images to folders based on these tags.
Take a look https://smartimagetagger.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excire seems to be quite good and there are a number of plugins that can do this, but, if we can have it as a native feature it would be great!

This is already exist for LR CC, would be great if the Classic version could do automatic image tagging using Sensei tech, can we get this pretty please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering whether it would be possible to extend LR's facial recognition to a general subject recognition for things such as "plants", "birds", "flowers" etc.

It would allow one to find things more quickly and greatly reduce the time spent on keywording. I 'm not after 100% accuracy but would happily to settle for 80-90%.

The Apple Photos app does an impressive job at this already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom, not Lr Classic can do this because the images are in the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have thought that the technology is already built in since Classic does facial recognition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of plugins that provide AI-based automatic tagging for Lightroom Classic, including my Any Vision plugin (which uses Google Cloud Vision AI).  See here for a list of similar services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate