• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Dedicated Matte tool

Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish LR Classic had a dedicated Matte tool, like the one in Luminar.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps someone has a plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luminar can be used as a LR plugin, but that's too expensive for only this feature. If anyone knows of another plugin, I'd be happy to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can describe what you want the matte tool to do? (Many of us aren't familiar with Luminar.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The matte look is very popular on e.g. social media and on advertising images. The tonal range is shrinked to simulate the look of film. It can be done in LR with the curves tool. You will also need to adjust the colors and contrast to achive a natural look. There are lots of presets that can do this with varying luck, but to do it yourself needs practice and knowledge to get it right. A dedicated tool that can create this effect with a slider would be very helpful and save a lot of time for those who want this look in their pictures.

matte-effect.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating or downloading some presets that produce the effect you want, then fine-tune the preset using the 'Amount' slider? I've attached a screenshot showing the location of the Amount slider for fine-tuning preset effects.

matte tool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have downloaded and purchased a lot of presets and profiles. The problem is that they always want to change the colors too, in all sorts of ways. I just want the clean and pure matte effect, without any color tweaks. Then I can possibly make my own changes afterwards. Even though I've spent hundreds of dollars on such profiles, I often prefer one I've made myself, based on the Adobe Color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate