Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export Titles and File Names to Excel List to Support Copyright Registration

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.

I assume that I am not the first person to make this suggestion, but it would be very helpful if a user could select a set of images and then export the metada for those images (or selected metadata fields) to a list in Excel. This would greatly simplify the process of completing the list that must be submitted to the copyright office when registering photos for copyright.

I was actually surprised to find that this is not a feature in Lightroom. In my day job, I work with a cloud-based content management system in which we store Word docs, PDFs and Excel files. And in addition to being able to edit, download, copy and paste, etc. we can generate a list of records in a list view, which will contain only the fields of metadata that we choose and then export that list into Excel.

Thanks for your consideration.

Al

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there is "List View" plugin-

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/jbeardsworth/listview/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I’ll certainly look into these options.

It just seems as if this is something that should be built into LightRoom and not something that you should have to turn to third-party plug-ins to accomplish.

It would be terrific if at some point they incorporate this functionality into the application itself.

Al

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Library Mode:

Export list of folders\files to text file or CSV (with date, location, dimensions, key words, xmp, etc)

And, function to enter path\filename in LR in order to open library containing that folder or image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for Adobe to implement this, there are several plugins that can export photo metadata to a CSV: Any Filter, List View, Data Explorer, LR/Transporter. They have much different sets of additional capabilities, so check them all out to see which is best for your.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate