Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P:(Masking) Invert/Flip Mask Group

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Description:

Selecting subject in the new Lightroom release is great...but no automatic tool is perfect. After creating a subject selection mask, I often Add or Subtract with a brush to clean it up (There is currently no "Refine edge" function, which would be awesome, by the way).  My problem is this--Now that I have the Subject selected, I duplicate the mask so I can select the background. But the Add/Remove brushes don't work properly and must be converted.

Proposed improvement:

Instead of duplicating the mask and going to each element to invert, convert to add, convert to subtract, I would like to see an option on the mask itself to "Flip" it. The Flip at the top level would invert the select subject mask, and convert the Add to Subtract, and convert the Subtract to Add. Then the mask would be a perfect inversion in one step. 

You would have to consider how it would behave with the other mask elements--I was only considering the select subject/Add/Subtract.

mask.png

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Setting status to Planned

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
55 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i see that it’s ‘planned’ but i also see this thread complaining about the issue (not including other threads) is from october and now we’re half way through february. it’s pretty ridiculous that adobe waited for enough ‘complaints’ before even ‘planning’ to address the issue; it sure makes it seem like the people designing the software aren’t actually using the software or even testing it with people who use it because how; how was the feature missed. it is a super basic function that (obviously) a lot of us use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellently expressed. Many would agree!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Five months later and we're all still hoping for this feature to be implemented. Hopefully when it's finally updated, we'll also see on option to refine the mask edges to help us deal with the all the transition area issues too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am definitely looking forward to this feature ... and the eventual stopping of the email notifications for people who are upvoting my suggestion! 🤣😂🤣

In the meantime -- Please vote this up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate