Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P:(Masking) Luminance Range better backwards compatibility

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:

After upgrading Lightroom Classic to version 11.0 where the new masking features have been introduced, and you try editing an existing local adjustment (Brush or Gradient filter) that had a Luminance Range added to it, LR asks you to update the Luminance Range Tool to its new version.

After updating the tool, the adjustment changes dramatically and it looks nothing like it used to (it affects different areas compared to your original one). This means that you have to reconfigure your entire adjustment from scratch (Luminance Range wise). 

This is an example of an adjustment before the update:

before_update.JPG

And this is what happens when you hit "Update":

after_update.JPG

Personally, i have hundreds of images that i used the Luminance Range feature on. This means that whenever I would like to adjust my previous edits (which happens very often), i would have to re-adjust every single edit from the begining - which translates into a significant amount of time and effort to do so. 

Request / Idea:

To enable backwards compatibility for the luminance range tool in order not to lose your original adjustments.

P.S: The new masking features are really well though of and i was very happy to see them introduced to the new version.

Many thanks,

Charis Pavlou

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?