• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Presets for copy/paste/sync settings

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature Request for Lightroom - 'Sync Settings Presets' - so that we can save custom preset combinations of settings to sync instead of just 'select all' and 'select none'.Especially useful when you want to paste certain combinations of settings. For example, paste all settings except for brush, gradient, radial, upright transformations and crop adjustments etc.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
65 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to have a Presets panel for the Synchronize Settings Dialog. I find myself synchronizing with this settings pretty often:

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 11.44.02 AM.png

but when i choose to sync just one adjusment, like this: 

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 11.44.10 AM.png

then having to go back to the previews settings takes more clicks and more thinking than neccesary imo. 

What do you think?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people have requested this over the years.  You might consider the Copy Settings plugin, which provides this feature and fixes a number of bugs with copying settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I requested the similar feature ca two years ago as well. This would be such an enormous help!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-presets-for-copy-paste-sync-settings/idi-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy the Develop Settings of a photo, I'm presented with only two options: CHECK ALL and CHECK NONE. 

I'm suggesting that we get the ability to have one (or multiple) Copy Settings Presets that we can use to select the settings we tend to copy and paste the most (currently I have to always deselect "crop", "transform", "healing", and "masking" - settings I rarely paste to another photo). 

Interest? Possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a fairly popular idea. The Copy Settings plugin lets you define such presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck. We've been asking for this for years. Seems such a simple thing to implement doesn't it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m glad, I´m not the only one demanding this feature. But very sad that apparently since 2008 nothing happened. As you say, it seems one small step for Adobe, but one giant leap for photographers. So we keep on waiting, waiting, waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as working on Develop adjustments across a set of images, I've found the AutoSync option (as you go) much more immediate and intuitive, than using Sync after the fact. This question of varying which kinds of adjustment should be copied from one image to others, and which should not, simply does not arise. You just apply whatever changes you want, with other images that you want to also receive these changes selected, and the job is done.

To stop a particular change of cropping (say) from applying to many images, you must either deselect those other images before you update the crop (assuming AutoSync is left on), or else turning off Autosync ceases bulk editing mode.

But there is then no subsequent business of remembering which adjustment changes need to be copied onto which images, and then of selectively making that happen via checkboxes.

Analogy: you want to saw down a number of sticks to the same length. You could: (the Sync approach) first take one stick and cut that, then select some other sticks, identify that it is the length of those (rather than some other attribute) you want to alter, put them alongside the first and make a mark, then saw down those others to match the first. Or else more simply: (the Autosync approach) you can bundle all of the sticks together, and then saw through the whole lot with one cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lino22483693i01y no need to wait, you can use Copy Settings by @johnrellis and work faster now.

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/copysettings.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use copy settings to apply presets to pretty much every image I adjust (weddings, so hundereds of images daily).

I can obviously apply a preset on import but I have a few different presets so have my main preset on copied so I can paste it for speed rather than selecting it from the preset menu. 

It would be great to be able to save a preset for copy settings. I generally have 6 or so settings I dont copy (WB, exposure, transform, noise reduction, crop, healing) so I have to keep uncheckingthese boxes after I do a select all copy.

If I could make a preset (or various presets) to rememeber my copy settings I think it would be a beneficial time saving device and improve workflow.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Have been wanting this for years. Would be a great addition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Justin Hoch @chrisb91103373

You should consider using the Copy Settings Plug-in

See my post above for the link.

Votes