• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Preset Issue

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Nikon Z6.  When I create a preset that includes changing the color profile (i.e. Adobe Color to Adobe Portrait), it creates a magenta cast over the image. If I create a preset that changes other things, but does not alter the Color Profile (i.e. leave it unchecked), then I do not get the color cast.

If I change the Color Profile from Adobe Color to Adobe Portrait manually (without using a preset), then it works fine (i.e. no color cast).

I also notice that Adobe Color and Adobe Portrait don't have a V2 like some of the others have, but again, they work okay when applied manually.

LR Classic 9.1

Camera Raw 12.1

Ideas?

P. F. Infante

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a remnant of a problem with the standard profiles for the Z6 and Z7 that was present shortly after release. If you are sure the preset doesn't change the white balance values than it is porbably a bug and you should post on https://feedback.photoshop.com (same logon as this forum) where Adobe looks for bugs and feature requests. Here we're just other users. At the feedback forum Adobe engineers hang out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These symptoms are very similar to those for some Canon EOS models in this thread: a magenta cast when including profile Adobe Color in a  preset, a v2 Adobe Standard profile introduced last fall:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/do-i-have-a-color-profile-problem-in-lightroom/m-p/...

So please do file a bug report, otherwise the bug may not get to Adobe's attention.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug report filed per your instructions.

P. F. Infante

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this preset

A preset you created

or

A standard preset that comes with Lightroom Classic

or

A third party preset you installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard preset(s) that come with Lightroom Classic

P. F. Infante

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future reference:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-color-profile-problem-when-used-in-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this (WB) preset problem has been fixed in the latest release, but now you need to use a preset to create/maintain your own default settings - as opposed to the prior '<option> reset' to save them.

Am I missing something, or is this the way it is now?

P. F. Infante

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Lighroom Classic (9.2) and Camera Raw (12.2) have a new approach to configuring Camera settings. Any previously saved as camera defaults will no longer function. Likewsie, 'Alt/Option+Reset' no longer functions, albeit the absence of reset is a bug that will need to be rectified. You can find more details at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2020-2.html#raw-defaults

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'absence of reset' ?  There is still a RESET that will default to the setting in the 'presets' panel.

P. F. Infante

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am referring to the new method in 9.2 of applying camera defaults as decribed in https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html#Setdefaultsettingsforimportingrawim...

Note that the only way to reset back to Adobe defaults is to delete any presets you may have applied within the new dialog. Again, described in above link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

"albeit the absence of reset is a bug that will need to be rectified."

LR 9.2 lets you reset the raw defaults for all cameras back to the Adobe defaults:

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.12.04 AM.png

If you have per-camera-model defaults, you can also individually set them back to the Adobe defaults:

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.12.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines