Highlighted

Why are some of my preset names are in italics?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I have created my own presets on LR CC and then I have sent them to my LR Mobile (DNG format) to use them there too! But some preset names are in italics, why? 😞

Thank you in advance for any help provided! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

No, it's not about Lightroom Classic versus Lightroom cloud. Partially compatible presets are normally not presets that were created in Lightroom Classic and so could contain features not available in Lightroom Mobile, but presets that apply a raw profile. If the selected image is not a raw image, then such a preset is not compatible and shown in italics. Another possibility is that the preset applies a camera-specific profile, such as "Camera Landscape". That creates a preset for one specific camera, so it is incompatible with raw files of another camera.

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why are some of my preset names are in italics?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I have created my own presets on LR CC and then I have sent them to my LR Mobile (DNG format) to use them there too! But some preset names are in italics, why? 😞

Thank you in advance for any help provided! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

No, it's not about Lightroom Classic versus Lightroom cloud. Partially compatible presets are normally not presets that were created in Lightroom Classic and so could contain features not available in Lightroom Mobile, but presets that apply a raw profile. If the selected image is not a raw image, then such a preset is not compatible and shown in italics. Another possibility is that the preset applies a camera-specific profile, such as "Camera Landscape". That creates a preset for one specific camera, so it is incompatible with raw files of another camera.

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presets displayed in italics are partially compatible presets. That means, that not all features from Lightroom Classics are available in Lightroom CC

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/presets-italic/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 1