• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Captioning forces title case on iOS.

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When entering metadata in the iOS/iPadOS app, the text field for "caption" forces the text to be title case. I assume this was something intended for the Title field, but it's hugely irritating for the caption field. 

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Thank you @Conrad C 
Your post caused me to slow down, and shift from my iPad to my iPhone and look more closely.  I confirmed the issue, and therefore I'm converting this thread to a bug for better internal tracking.

Setting this issue to "Acknowledged"

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @nlaffan 

I cannot reproduce what you describe on iPad or iPhone. I can enter lower and upper case into Caption, Title, and Copyright fields.

Is it possible you accidentally applied Caps Lock or held down the Shift key as you typed?  Does restarting the app or the device help?  

A screen recording from you might help us understand how to help, if the behavior is ongoing for you.  If you do make a screen recording, first please go into LR app Settings, and under Input please toggle on Show Touches.  This will allow us to see what you tap on.  You can turn it off later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this on my iPhone. Note that they are not talking about All Caps, they are talking about Title Case. That’s where only the first letter of each word is capitalized in the field by default.

Another way to observe this: After completing a word and pressing the space bar, the Shift key on the on-screen keyboard becomes highlighted to let you know that the next character you type will be upper case. After you type that first character of the next word, the Shift key un-highlights to indicate that the next character you type will be lower case.

I have seen in some iOS apps that developers set the case for the field, because many fields in many apps default to Sentence Case (where the first letter you type in a sentence is capitalized by default). That does seem to indicate that the Lightroom Title field has been set to Title Case (first letter of each word is capitalized).

So when you try to reproduce it, watch the first letter of each word you enter, and see if it’s the only capitalized letter in each word. If you still can’t see it, ask me to upload a screen recording but I assume if both nlaffan and I can see it, it should be reproducible.

Update: Upon further testing, the metadata fields Title, Caption, and Copyright appear to be set to Title Case, but not the Keywords field.

More context:

I can only reproduce this in Lightroom on iPhone, which is inconsistent with all other platforms I have access to. Lightroom on iPhone is the only version I have that defaults to Title Case in the Title, Caption, and Copyright fields.

All other platforms I tried (Lightroom on iPad OS, and Lightroom web, Lightroom desktop and Lightroom Classic on macOS) do not apply a default case, so in those same fields on all other Lightroom platforms, all characters are entered lowercase unless you also hold down the Shift key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Conrad C 
Your post caused me to slow down, and shift from my iPad to my iPhone and look more closely.  I confirmed the issue, and therefore I'm converting this thread to a bug for better internal tracking.

Setting this issue to "Acknowledged"

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate