• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Images in LR 7.1.2 reset to original, erasing edits

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is similar to this old bug P: Desktop: Resets recently edited photos randomly and won't shut down

Edits on both DNG and TIFF files often (maybe 20% of the time, which is a lot) completely reset to the original version. The history view shows no newer edits meaning the work (crops, color adjustments, brushes, etc.) is gone. Context:

• Mac Studio M1 Max (64GB RAM) running Sonoma 14.2.1
  • Lightroom 7.1.2
  • I've used Lightroom from its first beta and the cloud version for some years and never had this happen prior to the latest Lightroom update
  • I've had a couple images get "stuck" in this condition meaning I tried repeatedly (perhaps five times) to crop them and they always reset after 10 or 20 seconds back in the grid view

Things I have tried that seem to work once or twice but not reliably:

• Wait for the cloud sync spinner to stop before leaving edit mode for an image
  • Always switch back to main edit or detail view before returning to grid mode

I will follow up with a video capture of an example and application logs if possible.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The February 2024 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That work around did the trick! Thanks for pointing me to that discussion. I do hope they get the solution out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As shown in the attached video, editing is sometimes reset when you move the mouse pointer to the editing section of the photo being edited. If you go back to another photo, it will be edited to the last state, but if you move the mouse pointer to the editing section again, it will be reset again. This is a problem that occurs very frequently, so I get quite stressed while editing...T.T This problem occurs regardless of device, such as Intel iMac and MacBook Air. Is there anyone who has solved the same problem as me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been facing this issue for weeks. It has literally set me back to where I cannot meet deadlines. For the amount of momey I pay for these programs and the amount I have invested over the last decade, it seems completely unacceptable that our ecosystem is totally dysfunctional. They take away the cloud files, and now this? This is what happens when companies get greedy. If anyone has any good alternatives, Im listening....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problem with auto-resetting of settings. When I change to another photo the settings automatically reset to zero. Sometimes after changing to another photo and returning to the previous, settings return, but in most cases they remain reset. Looks like some sort of error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The February 2024 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate