• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Low quality previews/rotated thumbnails on direct import to device

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi .. on importing to LR mobile via a camera device (SD card via reader) the images have suddenly started to appear blurred and pixelated. 

I have plenty of cloud storage free and this has only started recently.. prior to this all appeared clear and sharp .. allowing them to be reviewed prior to import.

see sample image 

any help greatly appreciated 😁

Bug Started
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Hello again All,

You will now see an update version 8.4 for the Lightroom app, in the iOS Appstore.  Version 8.4 reverts to the behavior of the previous release.  Thumbnails will be sharper again, but some thumbs will appear in the wrong orientation.

We believe Apple will likely provide a fix for the orientation issue in their next iOS update.  That should correct the orientation issue without needing an additional LR app update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Setting status to Started. Adobe has done the work on our end, but we still await an iOS update to make this matter whole. 

Thank you for your patience.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
115 Comments
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue after the last update and it has destroyed the whole way I use LR on my iPad. Adobe would be better off reverting everyone back to the previous version instead of letting this perpetuate if the fix is going to take any longer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, should allow us to just revert back first while waiting for a fix. Same here, making my worklow for LR to be more trouble than it should be.

Glad to know that it's not just me having the issue, so it's probably some sort of bug that can be fixed hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its even worse now on 8.3.2. Previews are SO LowRes that you literally can't see nothing (composition, sharpness, colors - you cant proof nothing) and they are still rotated. Same issue on iPhone and iPad. 

Thats the moment that i really can't work anymore with lightroom. Its impossible at the moment. IMG_7616.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, depuis peu j'ai un problème d'affichage lors de l'importation des photos dans lightroom sur iPad Pro  ( 6e génération ). Les photos apparaissent pixelisées et lorsque je veux zoom avec les doigts elles restent pixelisées, or ça ne le faisait pas avant, et du coup je ne peu plus faire de sélection à l'importation tout est pixelisée ! 
quelqu'un a une idée ?

merci d'avance

stece

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A separate thread (here) mirrors the most recent comments here, regarding the blurry thumb appearance some users now see with the recent work-around.  

The blurry appearance of thumbs is the result of a patch developers applied to an iOS platform problem, where raw image orientation was not always displaying correctly.  Users had described that as a frustrating experience, and a blocker to productivity.

The work-around applied was to instead read and display the embedded thumb that exists inside most Raw images these days, and it's the low quality of the embedded thumb that some users now see and are commenting on here.  Quality/resolution of the embedded thumb depends on the camera. 

If we revert our workaround, the original problem with orientation will return.  Apple provided us an update stating that they understand the issue and a fix will come in a future iOS update.  We do not know when that fix will release.  We will continue to monitor feedback, bearing in mind that both the previous and also the current behavior are imperfect.  A proper fix is coming, we just can not say how soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing may have been a "Frustrating experience" but now it's not an experience at all.  It is not impossible to import/select photos based on the resolution being presented.  A rotated image may be inconvenient, but at least you could tell it was in focus.  Now you can't tell.  The import feature is now basically completely broken because of this patch.  It needs to be reverted/removed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbnail images for you to review/select when direct import from camera devices look so bad since the last update. It's too bad to know which one is good to import. Please fix.

my iPad os is 16.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating. In my opinion, the previous version was better, eventhough it was annoying that the image wasn’t rotation right, at least it was usable enough for us to see the images. Now with the super pixelated image, it's basically useless, I don’t know if I’m impoting the right pictures. Would it be possible to revert back first while waiting for Apple or your side to fully fix the problem? Especially since we don’t know how long the fix will come... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_4479.png

Nao様

iPhone13proにAppleのカードリーダーで画像を見ていますが、添付のような状態で画像がぼやけていて画像確認が出来ません。

iPhoneのカメラロールからLightroomに保存してみるとピントはあっていてレタッチもできるのですが、Lightroomでカメラデバイスから取り込もうとするとこのような表示になります。

先日問い合せた内容は実施しましたが直りません。

数千枚確認する作業をするのでカメラデバイスから確認できように直って欲しいです。

今までは何の問題もなく使えてました。

本当に愛用してるのでどうにかならないでしょうか。

よろしくお願いします。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you don’t know when Apple will fix it (or ever). Wouldn’t it be better to revert back to previous version? Although it was annoying that it doesn't rotate correctly, at least we can see the picture and even see if they are in focus. Currently it is totally unusable, the pictures are so blurry up to the point faces are not even readble. I'd take the previous version anytime over the current "solution". Seriously if you make a poll, I bet over 90% would rather have the previous version while waiting for Apple update. FYI apple just updated the firmware today and still no fix. There’s not even any timeline. This is so frustrating up to the point I am considering other photo editing options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its may 21 and adobe LR for ipad totally unusable now. What a joke. Will this be fixed in the next week or so? Otherwise I will cancel subsription and move to a competing platform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will you compensate LR mobile users? All those users who cannot import any photos now? You are on a subscription model and your product is broken. I expect that all users will be compensated for the period your product is broken. Whatever the reason is - your problem to sort this out with Apple. What an absolute joke this is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a fix or patch - its even worse now? Weeks ago it only showed 1/3 of the photo and it was rotated - bad enough and almost no chance to work when you do a lot of of 9x16 photos. But now?! Its also blurry, as blurry that you cant say NOTHING about the photo you have taken. 

I dont get it - it was working properly for years till the beginning of 2023. And now it get even worse. Actually I cant work that way and I cant use my subscription. Any software recommandations instead? Darkroom mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Status Quo 😣IMG_7626.png

IMG_7627.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other priority work? Such as? I'd like to think fixing a "patch" that made the app basically useless should on thr top of the priority list, don’t you think so? Also, you should issue out a statement on this particular issue and how you're going to fix this. Most people would think that there's an issue with their photos or something instead of the issue with the app... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we are on June 23... those of us who are on the street taking pictures, to send quickly... we have to download the images blindly... please fix this... or I will have to cancel my subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

Based on feedback that the workaround that Lightroom iOS attempted is worse than the original problem with poor orientation, the team plans to revert the recent change in the very next app update.  The original behavior will be restored, including the orientation problem.  Later, a fix in iOS should correct the orientation issue.

I'm not able to share precise dates, but did want to let people here know the team has heard you, and appreciates your feedback and patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP OMG THE BLURRY PREVIEWS ARE HORRIBLE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean you dont know? We have a deadline for client projects !!!! Please solve the problem as soon as possible! This is not a play-game. Many of us depend of this bug. We cant work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we need an update asap! Festival season is starting and a lot of need to provide pics within 12hrs after shooting. Us live photographers need a proper LR app by 1st of June the latest, otherwise we're in biggest trouble. It is awful that nothing has happened so far and it is crucial that it's getting fixed now. This is really jeopardising our job. 😔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe really get the point? We are unable to do any mobile work with this kind of bug. It's not only rotated and shows one third of the picture (which would be bad enough, to be honest) now it's also blurry. 

we don't see a composition, we don't see if it's in focus or not and the import function is right now totally unable to use.

I don't get the point that we were able to use the app properly only a few months ago with no problems and limitations. And now it's I possible to use this really important part of the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom for IPad is crucial for my business.  Can you please fix the import feature from memory cards.  It's blurry and makes it really difficult to see what I'm uploading to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was once before.I managed to bypass this issue by importing photos through ios photos app and than to import again into lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct Import bug: Hi! Any fix to this low res thumbnail issue anytime soon? Thanks so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used my iPhone for many years to import from my SD card into Lightroom iOS. Sometime in the past month I have had an issue though with the preview quality of the images in the SD card when reviewing which ones to import. I used to be able to pinch and zoom an image to check focus and details and the image would be a full resolution preview. Recently that preview is so pixelated that I can't even tell if an image is close to being in focus. I have not seen anything in settings to change this other than thumbnails size which doesn't change anything. Why has this changed? Where can I correct it? Or how do we get Adobe to revert it back to how it was so I don't have to keep importing everything and then selecting what to discard which takes much longer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate