Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy Settings and Paste not working in Lr Mobile on iPad Pro

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working on a Hyperlapse video and want to edit one photo then copy those settings onto the rest of the images. Well for some reason it's not pasting the settings even though it's saying it is. In the example I am attaching, you can clearly see how the sky looks in the edited image and how it looks after it said it pasted the settings. Looks like I didn't even edit the image. I am using Lr Mobile on an iPad Pro. The first photo is the one that is supposed to have the settings pasted.

Thoughts???

D4C983EB-EF4E-4C5B-978B-0A1FE35666D7.jpeg86695394-1D41-4176-B476-73466069CE67.jpeg

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

This is what you should see when you open the Masking tool on any of the target photos. This was taken on my iPhone, but it'll be the same on the iPad.

Screenshot_13_03_2023__11_45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that sky color the result of an AI Mask? If so, and assuming that you do have "Masks" selected in the Copy Settings dialog, you might find that the mask IS carried to the target images but needs to be recomputed. I don't know if that's intended behaviour or a bug (on the Lightroom desktop app the same process DOES auto-update the pasted masks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, that's not a bug....it does state in the Copy Settings dialog that AI Masks need to be recomputed on the target photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say the AI masks need to be recomputed, do you mean I need to make sure I have the Masking box selected in the Copy settings then repeat the process of copying and pasting the settings onto the other images? If so, I just did that and I got the same results as I did when I didn't have the masking box selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After pasting the settings (including AI Masks) to the target photos, you then have to open the Masking tool on each of those target photos where you should see the the pasted masks need to be updated. 

I'll post a screenshot in a few minutes time showing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what you should see when you open the Masking tool on any of the target photos. This was taken on my iPhone, but it'll be the same on the iPad.

Screenshot_13_03_2023__11_45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhhhh okay got it! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are doing a lot of these procedures, the quickest way to do the batch pasting of edits which include AI masks would be by using the Lightroom desktop app, as that app does recompute the masks automatically during the paste operation. However, if you don't have access to a desktop system, you might find it quicker to paste the copied settings one image at a time (i.e. keeping the Edit panel open, paste the settings, swipe to the next image, paste the settings, and so on). That's because when doing the paste settings that way, the AI masks are automatically re-computed....so it's probaly quicker overall to do it like that rather than having to manually recompute the masks image by image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines