• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Missing Images and Presets after Lightroom Mobile 5.4 update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Lightroom automatically updated and I lost everything I had until this morning when I last used it.

I hope theres a way to recover my work back.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, LRMI-4199043}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi all,

We are aware of an issue related to the latest release of Lightroom mobile (5.4.0) on iOS and iPadOS. The team is investigating and we’ll share an update with affected customers as soon as possible. If you have not installed the 5.4 update, please do not update. If you have installed the 5.4 update, do not launch the app. Also do not delete and try to re-install the app. We are rolling out a 5.4.1 update to resolve this issue.

For more info, please refer: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-today-18th-august-2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi All,

We are aware that some customers who updated to Lightroom 5.4.0 on iPhone and iPad may be missing photos and presets that were not synced to the Lightroom cloud. 

A new version of Lightroom mobile (5.4.1) for iOS and iPadOS has now been released that prevents this issue from affecting additional customers. 

Installing version 5.4.1 will not restore missing photos or presets for customers affected by the problem introduced in 5.4.0. 

We know that some customers have photos and presets that ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 233 Replies 233
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But anyway I agree that support/responses from Adobe in this case just lack something, after one of the worst messes in software products I've experienced in the last years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option apart from restoring from a old iCloud back up may be to try iTunes File Sharing (if the iOS storage setting indicates data is still present) although I doubt if you would have much luck:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost all my photos from 2020 and all my presets, it was really such an annoying and disappointing problem, please take care for it not to happen again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and reached out to customer support on 23Aug2020 and said it would be transferred to the engineer team to fix and should have resolution in 48 hours.  I followed up via email with no response.  I reached back out to support team today and was directed to post in this forum to "resolve" the issue.  I am not sure why I have to come here to say that I still need help fixing this ongoing issue.  Please can I get an update on how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boa tarde, eu tinha muitos presets inclusive pagos, até que agora abri o aplicativo e tudo sumiu, os presets e as fotos, desapareceu, como devo prosseguir?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have the same problem . i'm so dissapointed with lightroom . all my own preset that i create have been.missing huh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i lost so many photos too!

cant believe there isnt a way from adobe to recover them!!!

surely they should compensate us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Lightroom after several months not using it, and that erased ALL of my photos. Tens of thousands of photos over 10+ years. This happened on January 8, 2022. I see now after searching the support community that there was a problem with updates some time ago, but this is still happening in 2022!! What can I do to recover my photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @cynthiag65480175 and @benjamingordon 

While this old Lightroom Mobile issue may sound like something you are experiencing today, respectfully, this issue first mentioned here has long since been resolved. 

More often, when people are experiencing similar trouble now and find this page, what has most likely happened is:

1. users have signed out and signed back into Lightroom Mobile with another email ID, meaning the user has signed into another Lightroom account that has never imported the images and presets from the first account. 

--The solution:  sign back into the original account.

2. free users delete/re-installed Lightroom Mobile.  Users of the free app who are not syncing/backing up to cloud storage have deleted and reinstalled the app.  The free app does not sync, so when the app is deleted the images and presets inside the app (that live only inside the app) are deleted too. 

--The solution: Do Not Delete Lightroom Mobile; if you did, you must restore from a device backup, or reimport photos & presets, or recreate your own user presets.

3. free users on new devices:  even when signing into the correct free account on a new device, the images and presets that were never synced to Lightroom cloud storage exist in Lightoom local storage on the original device.

--The solution: do a full backup of the original mobile device, and restore that backup onto the new device.

Is it possible one of these scenarios / solutions fit your situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines