• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Missing Images and Presets after Lightroom Mobile 5.4 update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Lightroom automatically updated and I lost everything I had until this morning when I last used it.

I hope theres a way to recover my work back.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, LRMI-4199043}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi all,

We are aware of an issue related to the latest release of Lightroom mobile (5.4.0) on iOS and iPadOS. The team is investigating and we’ll share an update with affected customers as soon as possible. If you have not installed the 5.4 update, please do not update. If you have installed the 5.4 update, do not launch the app. Also do not delete and try to re-install the app. We are rolling out a 5.4.1 update to resolve this issue.

For more info, please refer: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-today-18th-august-2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi All,

We are aware that some customers who updated to Lightroom 5.4.0 on iPhone and iPad may be missing photos and presets that were not synced to the Lightroom cloud. 

A new version of Lightroom mobile (5.4.1) for iOS and iPadOS has now been released that prevents this issue from affecting additional customers. 

Installing version 5.4.1 will not restore missing photos or presets for customers affected by the problem introduced in 5.4.0. 

We know that some customers have photos and presets that ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 233 Replies 233
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just opened my app to find my own presets and pictures are missing 😭😭😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem! And I already contact customer service.  

1C758653-4122-4A16-ACB8-3C94058C72C7.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least it wasn't "oh, you had to make sure everything was sync before the update" when everything has been stnced since long ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could you comunícate to them? I can find the contact information 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME thing happened to me!!! I'm

so upset. Adobe, how are you going to fix this?!! iPhone iOS 13.6. LR mobile app version 5.4.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are aware of an issue related to the latest release of Lightroom mobile (5.4.0) on iOS and iPadOS. The team is investigating and we’ll share an update with affected customers as soon as possible. If you have not installed the 5.4 update, please do not update. If you have installed the 5.4 update, do not launch the app. Also do not delete and try to re-install the app. We are rolling out a 5.4.1 update to resolve this issue.

For more info, please refer: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-tod...

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any help please would be so appreciated! Have used Adobe LR mobile on my iPhone XS Max (13.6.1) for years (free version) and have edited tons of photos and have 50 presets. Suddenly yesterday (Aug 18, 2020 around 9pm CST) while editing one photo, all of my photos (except the one I was working on) disappeared and so did all of my presets. I've noticed many of the same comments on this forum. Did something update with Adobe yesterday to cause this to happen? Is there some sort of fix that will be happening?? I've since subscribed to the Adobe LR premium thinking maybe that would fix it but no such luck - my profile seems to be wiped. I've tried logging into the same email and login I've always used. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I installed the new Lightroom Mobile Update on my IPhone and I had a free trial. When I went to open the app afterwards all my pictures were gone. I have been about 2 hours on the adobe live chat and it was disgraceful. The last person I talked to was very unfriendly and just gave me a link to the forum here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheila, 

It seems there is a known issues being looked at... 

please refer to here:https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-tod... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,my photos and my presets was missing when I

opened the app in the afternoon,could you please help me to get back ? 

After that, I'm going to purchase premium member and it displayed "unable to complete purchase' after I paid for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that your presets and images in the Lightroom mobile app have disappeared after the recent app update. This is a known issue and our engineering team is currently investigating it. For more info on this issue, please refer: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-tod...

Note: Regardless of whether or not you are subscribed - do not uninstall the app!

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom app has deleted all my photos and private Presets! Please tell me how to reverse it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which app are you using? e.g Lr 3.4 on a computer or 5.4 on a phone/tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm using 5.4 on a phone 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the exact same thing happened to me as well. Mobile iOS 13.6.1. Happened yesterday as wel (free version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Are they recoverable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will move your question to the mobile forum.

Is the Lr app set to automatically import from camera roll?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not automatically, i've always imported photos which i wanted to edit from camera roll to Lightroom by myself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like this is the only way to get a hold of a reliable customer service agent... 

This morning, as you are probably already aware due to the amount of people this happened to.. The Lightroom Mobile app on the iPhone iOS deleted all the data that I had saved on the app. Many presets, hundreds of photos, albums, etc. all disappeared without warning or any explanation. Through my own investigating, I can see that it was most likely due to the new software update. 

Moving forward, I’d like an explanation as to why this happened and a reasonable solution to restore all my lost data. Please help me out with doing this. I rely on Lightroom for work purposes and for my own personal enjoyment. I’m a big fan of all your products, however a mistake like this seems like it could’ve been easily preventable, seeing that you’re a software company.. I trust that you can help me solve this problem. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me too. All of my photos, presets, watermark everything was wiped out. Please help us out and fix this problem. I have been using LR mobile since 2017 and never have experienced anything like this. I have a lot of my work in the app, please help us........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. Been using LightRoom mobile for iOS for past 3 years. Help @Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using the free version of lightroom cc on my Iphone/iOS for several years. I don't think the reason for the issue that i have now is that i am using trial version as i never had premium access and this is the first time that it happened to me. 

Today, all of a sudden, after opening my app, all my edited photos and the presets that i made are gone.

All my efforts are wasted if i can't retrieve them somehow. I made an update to the v.5.4.0 several days ago but i entered the app the other day and everything was fine, all photos and presets were there.

Could you please help me in retriving at least my set of presets?  

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines