• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Missing Images and Presets after Lightroom Mobile 5.4 update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Lightroom automatically updated and I lost everything I had until this morning when I last used it.

I hope theres a way to recover my work back.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, LRMI-4199043}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi all,

We are aware of an issue related to the latest release of Lightroom mobile (5.4.0) on iOS and iPadOS. The team is investigating and we’ll share an update with affected customers as soon as possible. If you have not installed the 5.4 update, please do not update. If you have installed the 5.4 update, do not launch the app. Also do not delete and try to re-install the app. We are rolling out a 5.4.1 update to resolve this issue.

For more info, please refer: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lost-my-pictures-and-presets-after-update-today-18th-august-2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi All,

We are aware that some customers who updated to Lightroom 5.4.0 on iPhone and iPad may be missing photos and presets that were not synced to the Lightroom cloud. 

A new version of Lightroom mobile (5.4.1) for iOS and iPadOS has now been released that prevents this issue from affecting additional customers. 

Installing version 5.4.1 will not restore missing photos or presets for customers affected by the problem introduced in 5.4.0. 

We know that some customers have photos and presets that ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 233 Replies 233
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to give more information. What version of Lightroom? What OS? Did you do anything (like upgrading Lightroom or upgrading your OS) since last time? Anything else that might be relevant?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I have lightroom for android v5.4. I had problem with the app today, it didn't work. I reinstalled it and changed the password because I forgot it. And then when I opened the app, I didn't find all my photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing for me!! I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new update. I just opened it like usual (didn't uninstall or anything) and most of my presets are gone it's almost like it reset to the spot I was at two ago before I made any newer presets or uploaded pictures past a certain date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me last night, I'm missing over 300 images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost 11,000+ 😔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, there are still photos 6 years ago ! and All presets is gone away as well !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had the same problem. I pause syncing, internet plan to expensive to be constantly using data. Luckily most of the photo's where just personal stuff and folio work gets stored on a hard drive. I have permanantkly lost a dozen or so images. Wow. This is really not good adobe!!!!!!!! 2020ipad, no unusual activity, just open ed the app and everything GONE!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much for the update fixing stability issues! Losing work is not a sign of stability. will not be using LR to store images, even briefly. do the work and out towards the archive immediately.  I'm going to rant again; as a long, long time Adobe user I'm totally dissapointed! Too slow, too bloated, the whole adobe environment is so complex now, it must be nightmare for the dudes doing the actually work to improve and support their products. These are essential tools to millions of creatives!!!!! Here's a concept for you Adobe; REFORM.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem here - all photos after 2018 and my own and bought presets are gone. Sorry, but I am totally disappointed Adobe and expecting you finding a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, logged on today and all photos between now and April 2019 are gone 😞 including presets 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Lost more than 200 new photos, and now I only can see 60 old photos that I canceled more than 1 year ago! I haven't done nothing, yesterday there were and today I open the app and they are gone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I spent so much money on my presets!!!! HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep all my stuff is gone too. All my pictures and all my presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me too! Updated the app and all my presets & pictures are gone. It looks like it left off from when i had the free trial and everything was getting saved in the cloud. It's been a while since I ended the trial so everything after that is GONE. So frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! i have lost all my presets and photos !! everything is gone, i wanna cry 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and all my presets were lost, oh my god 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have been using the Lightroom mobile app for a while now and today I realized all of my photos in the Lightroom storage have been gone and I cannot get them back. I don't know why it happened. Can you help me? Is there a way to get my photos back?

Thank you.

Elif Yılmaz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with the same thing right now. I lost all my presets I paid for and everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem... This morning I noticed that more than 200 photos are disappeared from my Lightroom library, and only I can see 63 old pictures that I canceled more than one year ago 😞 I have a free version and never had a problem before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marilena5EC2: please start a new thread and describe your problem in detail and specify exactly what software and operating system you are using (we need the version NUMBER of software and of operating system and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elif0D4C: Are you talking about Lightroom Classic? If not, I think you ought to post your question in the Lightroom Mobile forum at https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-for-mobile-apple-tv/bd-p/lightroom-for-mobile-and-apple-tv?...

Kayla5E34: you are not dealing with the same thing. Please start a new thread and describe your problem in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine. ☺️
and yes....I am. All my photos have been deleted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to chime in and say that I've had a partial loss of media, only stuff which looks like it hasn't synced to the cloud has been affected. 

Adobe, was a company who produces software that is relied upon by casual, enthusiast and professional photographers around the world, how the hell did a bug like this make it through your quality control. This is frankly embarrassing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same troubles. I have been about an hour on the live chat of adobe and no one was able to help me. It's a disgrace. All the work gone. I just hope there is a way to recover that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me Adobe has a mess to clean up...

As a software company you'd expect them to cover their tracks when updating new software. Clearly, someone was slacking.. Adobe should be held responsible for resolving this issue. Or at least come out with an explaination as to how they managed to screw up this bad. There are a lot of upset people right now, including myself, that lost tons and tons of data due to a lack of accountablity. 

FIX YOUR PROBLEM ADOBE!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines