• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to match the exposure of different pictures on the new LR?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have many similar pictures but with different exposures and I would like to match all these photos’ exposures.

I know this is possible on Lightroom Classic (Photo>Develop Settings>Match Total Exposure).

But I'm using the new Lightroom. And I can't find any similar function. I've been looking the entire day.

Does please somebody know where this function is on the new LR? Or maybe there is another way of doing it?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Robin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the heads up. As JimHess has also mentioned, match total exposure feature is not available in Lightroom desktop and I am not aware of any other way of doing the same.

I'd recommend that you share your feedback with our engineering team here: Lightroom Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin,

Lightroom desktop does not have such functionality of copying/pasting edit settings yet. Our engineers are working on this feature and this request is being monitored here: Lightroom CC: Ability to copy/sync settings/adjustments across a group of photos | Photoshop Family ...

I'd recommend that you add your vote and share your feedback in the above discussion so that our engineers can look into it.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Thank you for your time. But this is not the same problem. I can select one picture, copy the settings (cmd+C), then select other pictureS and paste (cmd+V) the settings to these images.

What I can't do is match the exposure. If I copy/paste the settings from one picture to another, it doesn’t take into account the different exposure settings that I used when I captured the picture. I then end up with different exposures.

My goal is to have the same exposure on a set of picture. On the previous LR Classic, you can go up to Settings > Match Total Exposures.

Maybe there is another way to do that on the new Lightroom CC version 1.5?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC does not have the match total exposures feature. It is not known by anyone on this forum whether or not that feature will be added in the future. It will be necessary to wait and see if it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the heads up. As JimHess has also mentioned, match total exposure feature is not available in Lightroom desktop and I am not aware of any other way of doing the same.

I'd recommend that you share your feedback with our engineering team here: Lightroom Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will share that. Thank you guys!

Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy robinK12632900,

I am struggeling with the same issue ( match exposrue accross a number of pictures) This feature worked and is trained in videos for LR5 and 6 and now in LR CC does not work anymore. By selecting this function MATCHTING EXPOSURE simply the preset of the one first choosen picture is syncronized to the rest.

So my question : did you get a help from family costumer community or found a solution meanwhile??

Would be great to get a short feedback

Thxs and greeting:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep giving a low rating to Adobe products because of exactly this issue -  DECREASED functionality  in each newer version.  You take away functions that we rely on and expect it to be hunky dory.  

Very upsetting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe removing functionality from Lightroom? I just purchased this Creative Cloud suite, and now I am regretting it because stuff you could do a year ago, like match total exposure accross multiple images, is no longer available. WTF??? What solutions do you propose Adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right? I've had the Adobe suite for a while and I'll probably be jumping ship soon because with every update I lose functionality and effectiveness of many of the applications. Pretty disappointing considering I'm paying more now to have adobe than ever and I also get less for that with every passing update. 

They're SERIOUSLY dropping the ball considering many of the COMPLETELY FREE third party apps available are becoming better options than this very expensive service. Pretty appalling actually. It's a shame. I've been advocating for adobe with other photogs and filmmakers for YEARS and now it looks like all of the things that others have said about them are 100% accurate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of company removes features?!?! I wasn't a fan before but now using Adobe is out of the question for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines