• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move Lightroom CC catalog to another Adobe Account?

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a work CC account I've used for Lightroom CC, but I'd like to move to a personal account. What is the best way to migrate my entire Lightroom catalog (folder, albums, and all) to another account?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you found a solution for the Cloud sync "disabled" - problem? Same problem here after my migration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The cloud sync stopped working in my case as well after trying this solution. I ended up sharing photos between accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me and I'm not sure about the specifics of step 6.

The single new photo that I add to create the new library in step 5 just remains as my only photo, even after I copy over the old fodler contents. Even if I delete that photo the cloud just syncs it back and ignores everything else I've copied over. 

In step 6 are we supposed to copy the entirety of the contents of the Lightroom Library? Or just the strange folder name like "09354331c5fe4fc8b4f8883ea8a539b6"? Or just the "Originals" Folder? Do we delete the other stuff that was created in the new library in step 5? Or do we add the old library contents along side thes folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me! the file name was different then what the new Lightroom created, so i just copied the new name, deleted the files and renamed the old file (with all the data) and relaunched Lightroom. all my albums were there. worked great, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrated to be having this same issue - Adobe customer service is certainly unaware of it with no solution in sight. Comforted to see I'm not the only one annoyed by this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added an idea to address this issue. not a perfect solution but it will solve many others, Please upvote the concept:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/backup-and-import-of-full-cloud...

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that 5 years later there is still no solution to this basic problem speaks volumes about Adobe's incompetence. Or possibly just shady business practices. Why give users control over their data if you can tie them into your subscription forever and use their work as a hostage if they wanted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, Aug 2022 and the customer service rep glossed over my question about transferring from an old acct to a new one and bascially just told me I had 90 days to back everything up. All I wanted to do was migrate from a personal acct I was closing to my new work acct. I might try the multistep Lightroom classic to CC hack, but I don't know if i have it in me to bother. I just exported everything onto an external, was only like 27G worth of stuff, will prob just keep it backed up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently "consolidated" my two usernames by removing one. Now my only option seems to be re-organizing 30K photos back into the albums I had created over the years under the "removed" username. 

The Adobe rep I spoke with confirmed several times that there's no way to restore the Albums. 

I'm finding it hard to believe there's no way to import some file that would contain the album name information as well as where all of the albums' photos can be found. I guess I just want final confirmation of that before I seriously spend hours re-creating Albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There currently is no facility for this. I posted a link above to an idea I have on the forums for Adobe to be able to address this along with other issues.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines