• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Unsync photos in Lightroom CC & Mobile?

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

With the recent update to Lightroom Mobile allowing Presets to be created and synced from Lightroom CC, I've wanted to give it a try. This seems that it'll be especially convenient when editing on the go.

However, my Lightroom CC and Mobile have stopped syncing because I'm apparently out of cloud storage. Which in turn, hasn't synced my presets in LR to mobile. I searched various ways to unsync photos from the cloud without deleting them from Lightroom CC itself, and haven't found anything. I looked on the cloud itself, assets.adobe.com, and didn't see any files on there.

Are there not any options to stop syncing to the cloud? It seems a bit ridiculous to not have control over what is synced and what isn't. I should be able to control what gets synced to all devices and what photos I don't.

Any help regarding to stop syncing photos or unsyncing photos without deleting them from LR is extremely helpful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

There are only two ways to unsync images without losing them. One is to use Lightroom Classic on your desktop. Let all the synced images download and unsync specific images or collections and they will get deleted from the cloud but not from Classic. Contrary to Lightroom CC, Classic can selectively sync. The other is to export your images from Lightroom CC to originals to your hard disk and then to delete them from Lightroom CC altogether.

Lightroom CC can only sync everything to the cloud. They

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have the answer but I completely agree!! I’m in the same boat. I don’t have the cloud storage space to sync photos but want to sync my presets. I‘d love to hear an answer to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's completely annoying. I've yet to figure out a resolution to this. Instead, I had to delete some photos in order for it to sync my presets again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Lightroom CC forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are only two ways to unsync images without losing them. One is to use Lightroom Classic on your desktop. Let all the synced images download and unsync specific images or collections and they will get deleted from the cloud but not from Classic. Contrary to Lightroom CC, Classic can selectively sync. The other is to export your images from Lightroom CC to originals to your hard disk and then to delete them from Lightroom CC altogether.

Lightroom CC can only sync everything to the cloud. They might change this at some point allowing for some local images but the whole point of CC is that the entire library and all your images are in the cloud. Lightroom Classic takes the opposite approach in that your images are local and you only sync what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still the only way to unsync? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Two ways as stated by @Jao vdL 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still confusing. I am using LR CC subscription and use Lightroom classic on my desktop, and the lighroom mobile app on my phone. I had a ton of sync'd data from some previous installation, files taken from the desktop (maybe lightroomCC when it was called such). If I unsync files in the "all sync'd photos" folder in classic, they drop into "deleted" in the mobile app and warn me they'll be gone in 60 days. However it's my understanding that since they came from my physical drive, they should remain there as they've only been pulled from the sync collection. Sure they'll go off the phone, but the catalog/file copy should remain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...as they've only been pulled from the sync collection. Sure they'll go off the phone, but the catalog/file copy should remain?..."

Yes, but the LrC Classic image file is not a "copy". LrC always references original image files on a hard-drive.

If the images were synced UP to the Cloud from synced Collections, then the originals are always on the hard-drive, even if you delete (what are proxy smart Previews) from the Cloud.

Images taken on your Mobile devices, must be allowed to sync DOWN to the LrC catalog (as the full-size original files), before you Delete them from the Cloud.

SYNC SETUP IN CLASSIC

ScreenShot072.jpg

PS. Adobe does not use the "Lightroom CC" name any more, and it causes untold confusion!. You must have the PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN subscription which includes Lightroom-Classic and the 'Cloud' versions of Lightroom (Lr-mobile, Lr-Desktop, Lr-Web).

"CC" should only be used to refer to the Creative Cloud Desktop App that manages your subscription.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*walks away from lightroom*

What a waste of time and energy this whole mess is!!  Adobe!!  What the heck are you thinking!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines