Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Import Error "Some photos were not added" / unable to copy file

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I recently transitioned from a Macbook Pro 2019 to a Macbook Air running MacOS Big Sur. I save my catalog to an external drive and set the same destination folder on my new Macbook Air, but now am getting the error when importing from an external drive to LR 4.4 that "some photos were not added":

mhammes72_0-1630556363107.png

All files are .CR2 RAW files that were copied from my SD card to my external hard drive. This error also occurs when I save to my desktop or a local folder. I no longer have access to my previous MacBook pro and am worried that there was locally stored information I may have neglected to copy over that could be impacting this (though I did copy all adobe files onto my external drive). Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen for all imports? If so, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > select Files & Folders on the left, then on the right, make sure everything under the Lightroom app is checked.

If that's not it, it could be a permissions issue on the external drive.

-------------------------------------
The Lightroom Queen - Author of the Lightroom Missing FAQ & Edit Like a Pro books.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit puzzled by some of the things you say. You say you use Lightroom 4.4, so that should be Lightroom desktop, not Lightroom Classic. Yet you claim that you saved your catalog to an external drive. Lightroom desktop doesn't have a catalog but a library, but you cannot save that to an external drive. The library will always be saved in your Pictures folder on your internal hard disk. You can change the location of the copies that Lightroom saves, however. Is that what you did? In that case make sure that Lightroom has permissions to access every location, like Victoria says.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a fix for this for Windows?  I'm running into the same problem.  Trying to add photos to Lightroom CC from a folder on my desktop, and it will import 6 out of 100, then stop and say some  photos were not added just like the above screen shot.  

I delete and close light room, reopen and then it won't add any.  Delete and close, and it's back to only adding one or two.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, shot a wedding recently and can only import 6 out of about 200 photos. Running latest Adobe Lightroom on windows 10 with all jpg files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too... 6 at a time. I'm going to rip my hair out! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines