• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 won't recognize Canon EOS R (CR3) photos. Can't download from camera anymore?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Lightroom 6.0, Lightroom won't recognize the photos on my EOS R.  Tell me this will be fixed in the future.  It will drive me away from an otherwise very usefull program.

I am using Windows 10.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First let's clarify WHICH Lightroom 6.0?

The 'old' perpetual v6, or the 'new' Cloud based v6?

And which Model of the EOS R?

Post a screen-clip of the report from MENU: Help > System Info...

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#canon_note

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, got the same issue, but with a fujifilm XT4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  

We are talking about the "new" cloud-based Lightroom.  I have a screenshot, but unfortunately I have rolled back the Lightroom version to 5.5, so I can import my RAW files directly to Lightroom.  I can work around by first importing with the Canon EOR Utility, but Sheesh!

This can not be an isolated problem!Screenshot 2022-10-24 060044.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have answers or suggestions?

My knowledge is not sufficient to provide a useful answer for Christopher.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to import directly from an attached camera? There was a similar report in the last day or so which @Rikk Flohr: Photography was looking at, but wasn't able to reproduce.

If you are importing direct from camera, do you have a card reader that you could use instead (just to try and isolate the problem)? FWIW, I've tried importing directly from my R5 into Lightroom 6.0 on my Windows10 system, with no problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue with my Sony A7 iii. I had to roll back to 5.5 to be able to import RAW photos from my camera. Super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines