• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC stuck "Syncing 1 Photo" for hours

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just excitedly, potentially, foolishly migrated my Lightroom Classic library to the new Lightroom CC.

It's been powering along with the upload - my library isn't huge at 200gb, and the fibre has held up well.  The app is now stuck 'Syncing 1 Photo', and has been for hours.

Looking at network traffic in/out of my machine I can see there's nothing happening (unlike the 20mb/sec I've been seeing for most of the day).  So I don't think there is actually an upload happening.

Is there a way to debug and find out what single image is potentially stuck?  The new interface is very light on information.

Things I've tried...

• Restart Lightroom CC
  • Reboot

Running: Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra, v1 Lightroom CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Hi Marek,

In grid view, please hold down the Option key (Mac) while clicking on the cloud icon in the upper right. This should show you which photos are still trying to sync. From here you would have the option to delete these and re-import them. Can you please try this step and confirm if this helped or not.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to successfully find the 2 photos that were stuck for me, but they have edits applied to them so I don't want to delete and re-import. I suppose I can copy the edits to another photo and paste them back on, but wondering if there is any other way. I tried adding star ratings but they both still seem to be stuck syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you find out which photo is stuck in an iPad ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Cloud icon? I have this same issue and I don't see a cloud icon in the upper right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic for MAC I don't have anything that looks like a cloud to click on. Could you please help me fix this syncing problem. This has been a constant problem for years. When will Adobe Address this? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joev66051531  wrote

In Lightroom Classic for MAC I don't have anything that looks like a cloud to click on. Could you please help me fix this syncing problem. This has been a constant problem for years. When will Adobe Address this? Thank you.

There isn't any kind of a cloud icon to click on. There is a pull down or drop-down in the identity plate, and if you click on that you can activate synchronization. After you do that, you need to create a collection of images that you want to synchronize. Then, after you have created a collection, just to the left of that collection there's a little box that you need to check.

Capture.JPG

Once you have created the collection and then checked that little box, that collection will sync with the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People are suggesting that there is a cloud icon to click to see pending images.  However, this icon does not exist in classic and it is unclear how to get those diagnostics in classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a LR Creative Cloud thread. Not a LR Classic thread.

Although what affects one, affects the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, however alt+cloud does not show any photos, nor does filtering by sync status "Syncing". The web interface says "no sync activity" whilst the desktop says "syncing 2 photos" for the last few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ZUMEY,

have the same problem as you. DID you find a solution, as there are not phots synching and no options to delete anything.

Thx

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same here.

Empty Catalogue syncing.pngSyncing 6 photos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, glad im paying more for this now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gautam

I tried this and all the thumbnails disappeared, but I still see this 1 photo syncing. What I think could be the problem is I initially set up Lightroom CC on my laptop (MBP) but when I got home to Malaysia I also set up Lightroom CC on my home computer ( Mac Pro) and added a bunch of pictures to my lightroom library from that computer. I am now traveling in Thailand with my MBP but cant add any pictures to lightroom cc anymore due to the syncing issue

Please help

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gautam

I am seeing this issue now - my Lightroom CC is stuck in Syncing 1 Photo for several hours. Could you please help me fix this?

Thanks!

Satish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem only I have it with Lightroom cc classic. no little cloud on the upper right hand corner. how can I solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the sâme problem.  Trying to sync 3 photos only from my windows laptop.  It is a new machine with an 8th gen chip.   I have followed the advice to give a star rating to the photos, it just seems to remain stuck in the ‘spinning’ mode.  If I upload via the iPad it seems to sync just fine, however, the initial upload process to the iPad is interminably slow, via the lightning SD card reader, so I would much prefer to do this via the laptop. This subscription is not good value if it does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than re-import I just made a change to the metadata on the files that were stuck; all now ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John - which metadata did you change?  I will give it a try as it is still not working for me despite reimporting, reloading Lightroom, etc. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn’t show any photos pending sync for me - but still stuck in 1 photo syncing...

Regards,

Satish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Satish,

Can you please navigate to Lightroom>preferences>Account and hold down the Alt/option key.

You will see an option to generate the "Full Report". Please share that file with me via private message.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gautam

How can I send you the diagnostic full report ?

Thanks!

Satish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Satish,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing this issue with 5 photos. Can I send you my diagnostic log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gautam,

I am having the sync issue as well (Syncing 84 photos for 10+ hours) and holding down Option key (Mac) while clicking the cloud opens a window with sync status chosen, but there are no images that load. Adobe has seen this on my system. I sent them the full report about 30+ hours ago, but I haven't heard yet. Do you mind taking a look at mine, as well?

Thank you,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, seems everybody is talking about LIGHTROOM CC and I got a problem with LIGHTROOM CLASSIC CC, I can't find any cloud on the top right side anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Classic on the PC I click on the actual words 'Syncing x photos' and a preferences window pops up...  from there, I go to the "Lightroom Sync" tab and on the bottom 1/3 of that tab press the arrow next toe "Sync Activity".   This displayed a list of all synced images and the pending ones were down at the bottom.
For me it appears these were all deleted from this PC, so I'm not sure how to tell Lightroom to stop trying to sync them in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines