• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom freezes when pasting develop settings to multiple photos

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mavic drone to shoot hyperlapses, usually in excess of 600 photos. Once imported into LR, I will adjust the develop settings for one photo, then copy and paste those adjustments to the entire batch of photos. This evening, Lightroom pasted the settings to two photos, then...stopped. It just sat there, doing nothing, with the progress bar in the corner frozen. I can scroll through my images and click on them but the Paste command ceased. I wound up killing the Lightroom task and reopening, and the problem didn't go away. I rebooted, same problem. Uninstalled, ran the CC cleanup tool, and reinstalled. Still freezes. I tried copying and pasting the settings to ONE photo, and it froze. After killing the task again and trying ONE photo, it worked, so I tried a selection of 60, and the Paste command froze immediately. Usually a batch of over 600 photos only takes a few minutes.

Until this most recent update, I have not had this problem.

Help > System Info is below.

Lightroom version: 4.0 X64 [ 20201007-0818-b2c04b4 ] (Oct 7 2020)
NGL Version: 1.20.0.6
WF Version: 3.0.1 e2e396b
Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: 10.0 [19041]
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Computer model: System manufacturer System Product Name / Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 4.2 GHz
Built-in memory: 32699.4 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32699.4 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 2199.9 MB (6.7%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2682.0 MB
Memory cache size: 7882.5 MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.0 [ 610 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 21MB / 16349MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 22MB / 32699MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1080, 2) 3840x2160
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (27.21.14.5671) - 8 GB
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU3, hard: success, soft: success, wl: Yes, bl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application Folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC
Library Folder: C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Greetings,

This issue should be fixed in the Lightroom Desktop 4.2 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug Fixes

See whats new in the latest version here.

To update Lightroom Desktop to 4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I was able to reload my photos and copy my edit settings to two photos individually, but when I selected about ten and tried to paste the settings, it did two, then stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ETA: I tried moving the photos (14+GB worth) from my SD card to an internal HD and importing them from there, and now Lightroom hangs up halfway through the import. When cancelling the import LR claims the files are "unsupported or unreadable" which is horsecrap.

ETA2: On the off chance that the photos my drone took were, in fact, corrupted, I tried using LR to load u p a batch of photos I've already used in the past which are known to be perfectly fine. Same behavior. In fact, when I go back to the batch I originally started having this problem with in Windows Explorer, Windows is having trouble generating previews and I have had to hard-reboot my PC multiple times this morning. WTF is LR doing to my photos?!

ETA3: Last week I took a batch of 530 photos and edited them all in LR using my normal workflow, and had no problems at all. I wound up not using them for what I meant to, but I also didn't delete them. I just reloaded the exact same series of images this morning and the same freezing behavior occurred after pasting edit settings, four photos in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced this problem or found a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using Lightroom again this morning and I cannot paste edit settings to a single photo. This is incredibly frustrating! The app is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. Could you please turn off the GPU from the Lightroom preferences > Performance tab, restart Lightroom and let us know the results.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change to the problem.

Wouldn't I want GPU acceleration, though? I have a pretty powerful GPU so I would like for it to help with graphics-related tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update. Looks like it's a known issue with Lightroom 4.0 and we're investigating a fix. Take a look at the following discussion related to this issue: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-paste-se...

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. I found that post right after I posted about it myself,  I will follow that thread for an answer. Thanks. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks for your patience with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom 4.1 which includes the fix for this issue.

Check out the list of all fixed issues here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, no it isn't.

I have tried two batches of photos since installing this release, both 625 photos. The first batch completed successfully, pasting the settings appropriately onto every photo, but only after I had to reboot my computer because Lightroom suddenly lost the ability to display pictures (weird since it's a photo editing program, right?!) - and then the second batch of 625 photos stopped pasting about three-quarters of the way through. Here I sit, staring at the same problem, it just took longer to happen.

Everyone back to Lightroom 3.4!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, who marked this as the "correct answer"? Shouldn't it be up to the person who asked the question to determine what the correct answer is? Especially when the answer given is NOT correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fully up to date and am still experiencing this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here! mine has been doing this for months so frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

This issue should be fixed in the Lightroom Desktop 4.2 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug Fixes

See whats new in the latest version here.

To update Lightroom Desktop to 4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines