• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Photos Gone

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I went to check my Lightroom Mobile photos synced to the Adobe cloud but couldn't get the Mac app to connect (it continuously said "waiting for connection"). I went to my iPad to check the photos from there and it told me I had no collections. I went over to my iPhone's LR Mobile app and when it first opened, all of my collections were there. Then it went to a loading screen and when it came back it said I had no collections. I had hundreds of pictures synced to the cloud so this is both incredibly frustrating and terrifying. Is this just a connection issue or did all of my photos some how get deleted?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Did you connect a new Lr Desktop catalog to your account? Since Lr Mobile currently only supports one catalog at a time the previous connected catalog will be purged. In that case you should have recieved a caution allert within Lr Desktop. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 410 Replies 410
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me and my camera & all of my original files were stolen along with my back up copy. Is there a way to get a copy of my pictures? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 'elizabethg70276690'

I see you are subscribed to Lightroom Premium, and have lots of data backed up in Lightroom's cloud storage.  If you sign into Lightroom using the same email address I see for you here, you should be able to access all your synced photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently lost 500+ wedding images that were in the cloud, but upon transfering Mobile storage from my phone to my SD card, they are gone. Is there anything you can do to help? These are very important photos & Adobe Support chat was not very pleasant or helpful, and I am incredibly stressed out about this situation.

I have had a paid subscription for a few years now & have never had anything like this happen before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my email is [edited by moderastor for privacy] if someone could please help me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Carlie5E95 

I see a long-standing Photography Plan subscription for you that's still valid.  My guess is maybe you signed into the wrong account?  This can happen easily (example: tap Facebook instead of Google, or enter wrong email ID)

Please sign in using the same email ID you used to post on the forums here, and you should see all the photos in your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peter can you please help me because my trial in lightroom ended then my account just logged out then when i logged in all the photos ang presets are gone please help me recover my photos and presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I was using the trial version on Lr mobile app, and all my photos were getting saved within the app. I then used the same log in ID to log in on web version Lr. The best thing I see edited photos and all the presets I created on my mobile app, are all gone. Is there any way to retrieve all of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happened to me, only I didn't get a caution alert. How can I recover the photos from my Lightroom Mobile??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using LR App free version on my iPhone. Yesterday I opened the app and I had been logged out. I subscribed to Adobe LR on my PC a few weeks back but never synced the account on my iPhone, just continued to use LR App free. When I logged in using my Adobe ID (subscription account) it told me this was differen't to the account I had set up in the App "do you want to merge these accounts". I said yes, and now all my hundreds of nice phone photo edits are gone and all I can see are 5 measly photos I edited in the Desktop version. Gutted 😞 ...can anything be done to re-sync my phone edits to the account so they reappear in the phone app?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex, Mara et All

Let me pass along somme advice Guido posted in a separate but similar thread

Could you try to connect your mobile device with a Mac-desctop-machine and when you have MacOS-Catalina running just open up  the Music-app, select the mobile device and from there open up "Sync Settings" and on the upcoming dialog select files.

When you open up from there Lightroom entry, do you see 2 entries (longer numbers) listed. If so, the number with the 00000 most probably contains your photos from your fee version. Just drag&drop the 0000-entry to you desktop machine and you will see find an Originals folder from where you can retrieve your photos. 
In case you have not yet MacOS Catalina running just follow the steps from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing....
Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @charlie can you help me please. I don't know what happened all of the sudden my this year photos are gone and only photos from last year left. and i lost all my worked hard saved presets. please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I recently lost my Presets on my Lightroom app that I had installed on my phone without knowing of a sort of back up or anything like that so I don't know if my presets were backed up  but How do I access them back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Destiny

Anything you had imported and edited while logged into the same Adobe ID should now be synced since you have started a subcription.  

If you had removed the app before subscribing and found those images missing after reisntalling, this is because free acounts do not sync and any images that exist in a free account are removed from the device when the app is removed.  It doesn't sound like what you described, but just wanted to be clear that free-use accounts do not sync, and subscribing cannot recover images lost when the free app is removed -- just in case this info helps you or others.

If you have not uninnstalled the app, this help page shows how you might be able to recover images (but unfortunately not presets): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm... 

Or if you have a recent backup of your device from a time when you still had the missing photos and presets, restoring that backup will restore the images and presets to Lightroom while also applying your subscription to get those items synced and backed up to cloud storage.

I hope one of these suggestions helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi' I hope you can help me guys too. I got the same problem but I did not sync it with my Desktop. I just go went tp premium trial,..and I try editing my photo using healing effects while it suddenly turns off, when I came back, I lost all my preciuos photos. Those are very important to me because its all taken from my travels to some countries that I've been. Here is my email that I use in my LR using my iphone: (removed to protect privacy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mkennanr5C19 , I think you have a couple accounts based on a couple different Adobe IDs.  I will send you a direct message with more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,

Unfortunately I just logged into my office desktop where I have Lightroom CC and now all my mobile photos taken through the lightroom app that synced over wifi are completely gone from my phones and not appearing on my desktop. Need this resolved as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same problem here, my trial period still 15 days to go, and today when i open lr on my ipad all my lr photos are gone. i didn't do anything just open the apps, and i saw the sync proccess automatically running and all photos are gone

can somebody help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you connect Lr Desktop with a new catalog to your Adobe id? - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greule​ yes i did, sorry for my long responds. But i think i might know how my problem begin. So this is the chronology:

1. I started using lightroom mobile apps for the 1st time. Trying free trial for its creative cloud.

2. After few days i install lightroom desktop for my PC.

from this point there is no issue about sync catalog and all my pictures remains safed.

3. Then i install lightroom for my Mac, and that is how (i guess) my trouble began. Unlike when i using lightroom desktop for PC, on MAC there is warning pop up when i tried to sync catalog say that i only can use one catalog and because i use this MAC's created catalog the previous sync on my mobile lightroom gone.

fortunately when i checked my PC all my previous catalog still there, and i re-synch everything so that i now i can manage all of my photos on my ipad again. But today after my trial expired and i upgrade the license, i try to use lightroom from my MAC and the same problem came out. Now i didn't sync from my mac yet but is there someway i can do so i can sync safely from my MAC ? as additional information i still installed Lightroom 3 (i was using years ago), can this be the caused of my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greule

I did this I login in LR Desktop and my mobile catalog is gone, there is a way to recover my Mobile Catalog ?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm hopeful that you can also help me.  I did not realize that when resyncing that the photos would be deleted from my phone and everywhere else for that matter.  I really need to recover the photos that I lost - 48 in number.

Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks,

Holiday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holiday,

If your files are available, we'll recover and send to you.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Peter.  I truly hope so....

holiday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peter-b​

I've just experienced the same problem. I had about 80 photos I had taken through Lightroom Mobile for iOS as DNG files. This is my first time using the app & my Lightroom CC Desktop would not sync these photos. I realized it was because my ID was synced with another catalog. When I corrected the issue, I experienced the same purge issue the original poster had and all of the photos I had taken disappeared from my phone.

I'd really like to recover these photos. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Also, if it helps - this probably happened within the last hour or two. Phone support told me there was nothing they could do but this post is giving me a glimmer of hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom,

Will see if we can recover those photos for you.  I will contact you directly with more info.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines