• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: photo edit slider thumb jumps on click (web version)

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Click and hold a slider thumb under photo editing, for example in the "Light" or "Color" area, without moving or sliding the mouse

Expected behaviour

The thumb (the round button to control values by dragging along the track) should stay in it's initial position, wherever on the thumb the user clicks.

Actual behaviour

The thumb automatically jumps over to the right, suddenly changing the slider value.

This is unexpected behaviour, it should stay put until the mouse cursor moves, and then follow the mouse cursor position in the horizontal movements.

I'm guessing that in the underlying UI, on click the thumb is being set to the mouse cursor position without taking into account the width of the thumb (half the width of the thumb should be subtracted from the mouse position in order for the thumb to be centered on the mouse cursor). But actually that would not even work perfectly, if the user clicks slightly off center it would still jump a little bit to center the thumb at the mouse position. On click, the thumb position should not change at all, and it should only change based on the difference in the mouse horizontal position since the initial click, while the click / drag is active.

Chrome 128.0.6613.120 on MacOS

Here is a screen recording of this issue:
https://streamable.com/dhkh9n

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying out the web version of Lightroom on MacOS. I'm finding a strange bug:

When clicking and holding on a slider thumb for example in the "Color" area, the thumb (the round button to control values by dragging along the track) automatically jumps over to the right. This is unexpected behaviour, it should stay put until the mouse cursor moves, and then follow the mouse cursor position in the horizontal movements.

I'm guessing that in the underlying UI, on click the thumb is being set to the mouse cursor position without taking into account the width of the thumb (half the width of the thumb should be subtracted from the mouse position in order for the thumb to be centered on the mouse cursor).
Here is a screen recording of this issue:
https://streamable.com/dhkh9n

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Lightroom forum where you are more likely to get answers relevant to your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it does belong in fact under the Lightroom ecosystem, however it should be under bugs and not under discussions. I don't think I can move it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current "discussion" post can be deleted since I have opened a bug report at https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-bugs/photo-edit-slider-thumb-jumps-on... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate