• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crop aspect ratio setting is being be reset.

Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2024 Oct 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom 10.0.1 for Android, when using crop, select Original Image Aspect Ratio.
After pressing ✓ to finish cropping, select the crop function again to return to custom.
If you change the ratio to something like 1:1, the setting will remain.

Lightroom 10.0.1 , Android , Japanese Ver.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2024 Oct 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent update (October 2024), the crop tool on mobile has changed the way it works when rotating an image. When I rotate, the crop rectangle shrinks inwards to match the size that can fit in the rotated image. However if I then rotate back the other way, it does NOT enlarge back out to maximum size within the bounds of the rotated image.

I am constantly ending up with a tiny crop rectangle that I have to manually pull back out bigger when I need to do a tiny rotation adjustment to straighten the image.

Because the rotation tool is a bit sticky, you have to rotate the image quite a lot before it "goes" even if I only need to adjust it a few degrees, so it's always cropping in small and the crop rectangle doesn't push back out bigger automatically as it used to. It is a big time sink to have to manually fix the crop rectangle every time because it's gone tiny in the middle of the image. 

Please (please!) revert the behaviour of this tool back to how it was before the update so that the crop rectangle by default stays as large as it can within the rotating image until you manually choose to make it smaller. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2024 Oct 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please make the crop tool on Android mobile default to original ratio instead of custom when you use the crop tool. It is such a waste of time to have to turn original ratio on every single time I crop an image.

This used to be the default a long time ago but then the behaviour was changed during an update.

Please switch it back so that original ratio is the default setting when cropping. 

Votes

Translate

Translate