• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom [You do not have permission to save files]

New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently started getting this message, does anyone know to solve this problem ? I've given access to Lightroom but still says it

IMG_1142.jpeg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Hey yes 

top left corner you'll see 

cloud and local 

select local 

home icon (username) select... allow access 

and that should resolve hopefully 🤞 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the recent update, I have the same problem. When I try to export a photo, Lightroom can't access any folder, though it has full disk access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, i can export to my desktop but when I try to my external hard drive I can not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only external drives, or even places like the desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, it happens in any folder (desktop, documents, external drives, new folders, etc.). Since last update LR can only export images in its own folder (where LightroomLibrary.lrlibrary is by default). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd! What operating system version please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac M3 / macOS Sonoma 14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mamage to get this issue resolved? 
Ive the same error message 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet. It's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to local

allow access 

this solved for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! Your solution also works for me! Thank you very much! I clicked on local (I never needed to do that before and it always worked fine) and allowed access. Previously, I had to deactivate the antivirus (Bitdefender). Without this it doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , 

desperately looking for help.

since two days I am not able to export my edited images from lightroom to my external

drive. I get the message: u don't have acces to save files at ..... (external drive) 

I've tested an other external drive , did my updates and nothing seems to work. Went to preferences of my mac and accepted all the preferences for permission to acces. 

A desperate photographer 

thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sofie5E6C I've merged your post into this existing thread. Please try out some of the suggestions here, especially the one in green at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_9782.jpeg

Hello! 
I've been having quite a few issues with uploading my edited photos from Lightroom onto the desktop of my Macbook Air. I've already contacted Apple and gone through a few things in my settings, including turning on Full Disk Access for the Lightroom app. This photo is the notification I keep receiving. I only crossed out my name, which I assume is referring to my Lightroom account. Any help is greatly appreciated! I need to get this gallery out to a client and this is the only thing preventing me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Olivia37843842tjfm try reporting the issue on the Lightroom Classic forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Lightroom Classic forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the solutions in this thread please? https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/lightroom-you-do-not-have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. can you say a little bit more about how to go to local please?
(sorry, but I can't figure out how to do that 😬)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I think I found it. Under Edit..Archive one photo locally. Meaning not in cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey yes 

top left corner you'll see 

cloud and local 

select local 

home icon (username) select... allow access 

and that should resolve hopefully 🤞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add several local drives ex. google drive?

I added my local user but I can't add my drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure out how to save to your external drive? My drive show up under local but still says it is read only, that I do not have permission and need to give it permission...but how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Worked! I've been trying to figure why I can't export to my SSD for a week! I knew it was something super simple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

It worked out for me. Hopefully for others who face the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!! YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines