• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New lightroom CC export settings?

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded the newest of the new versions of Lightroom CC. I love what it can do, but I can not find where to export the photo in a higher resolution than the default settings? Every forum I've looked at is the older version. Nothing is matching the newer version, and I'm so lost. I want to export the photos in 300DPI for a client. If anyone has a step by step solution to this, please let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

You do mean LRCC, the new cloud-dependent program that starts up with a leaf on its splash screen? If so, there aren't any options other than those you can see. Its export choices are very limited, and as you've found you cannot see the DPI (just export the biggest JPEG you can), so except in very simple situations it's just not suitable for supplying images to clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do mean LRCC, the new cloud-dependent program that starts up with a leaf on its splash screen? If so, there aren't any options other than those you can see. Its export choices are very limited, and as you've found you cannot see the DPI (just export the biggest JPEG you can), so except in very simple situations it's just not suitable for supplying images to clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working with clients, are you sure you want to be working with the new Lightroom CC as opposed to Lightroom Classic CC? The NEW Lightroom CC isn't really geared towards professional photographers right now. It might be some day, but it's pretty limited in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a fan at all of Lightroom CC. I don't get the oversimplification at all, or the lack of tools for either editing or exporting. Who is the audience of this product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my opinion. The target audience for Lightroom CC is a group of people who are "on the go", and want access to their images right now, on any device, without delay, no matter what. That means on their computer, their tablet, their phone, etc. As I understand it, Adobe has a goal to have a common interface that is consistent on ALL devices. That means that regardless of whatever device you are using the interface will be the same and have the same features accessed in the same consistent manner, and for the most part be presented in the same consistent fashion. That is going to take some careful planning and design. Since I don't use a smart phone or a tablet, I can't compare those interfaces with the computer. But I assume that is why Lightroom CC has the feature set that it does at this time. The features that are now present should be available on all of those devices. As other features are "perfected" in their presentation, they too will be made available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the go? We are professionals. If I want on the go I will use the FREE software provided my numerous device OS. Professionals use cloud to be able to function on the go, not be totally limited. The two softwares CC and Classic dont talk to each other nicely so it is a separate ecosystem entirely tailored to NON-professioanls. My question now is who buys the expensive Adobe CC suite for a consumer-level product? I want to make a photobook. Now I can't without 2 extra steps and another piece of software. The photobook site REQUIRES the jpegs be set at 300 dpi or it will print at 72.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

csmith_fw18  wrote

Not a fan at all of Lightroom CC. I don't get the oversimplification at all, or the lack of tools for either editing or exporting. Who is the audience of this product?

Me! I think it's great.

The popular view is that it's for smartphone photographers. Whilst this may be a substantial user base, I do think it's a bit a of a generalisation. As a hobbyist, most of my photos are taken with my dSLR. As Jim rightly says, it mainly for those than want instant access for editing, viewing, sharing and of course storage. Also, I do not have the time to sit down at desk to learn Classic.

And whilst Classic is one of the main choices for most, I would rather spend my time learning and trying to take better photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, under the share option, there's small, full size, and custom, where you can designate the long side length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not any more! They deleted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, It wasn't deleted. It is available under Export As... File Type > Dimension >Custom> Long Side.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wish i'd known this before using Lightroom CC.

Grrrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coleys,

You may not be able to specify the DPI exporting from the new Cloud Based Lightroom CC but, if the Original Resolution is in the Cloud and it’s from a dSLR I’d imagine it’s good enough quality for priinting......

unless..

the Photo in the Cloud is a Smart Preview synced from a Lr Classic Collection, in which case it would probably wouldn’t be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's why I said "just export the biggest JPEG you can".

Still, LRCC just isn't suitable for this kind of workflow. As Jim says, "If you are working with clients, are you sure you want to be working with the new Lightroom CC as opposed to Lightroom Classic CC?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question where do I change settings to store and down;load the large file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom CC, I don't think the settings you are looking for are there yet. It's not that type of application, YET.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there were a way for Adobe to put a stop to all this mass confusion caused by naming a new product nearly exactly like a decade old one.

FAR too many people are under the impression that Lr CC is just a cloud based version of Classic.

Then there are those who know the difference but assume they can use both for the same collections/catalogs of files.

I seriously doubt it was ever Adobe's intention that Classic catalogs be synced and merged with those synced from other sources (devices).

IMO - their intent if for a person to choose which suits them best and use THAT one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neox99  wrote

I wish there were a way for Adobe to put a stop to all this mass confusion caused by naming a new product nearly exactly like a decade old one.

FAR too many people are under the impression that Lr CC is just a cloud based version of Classic.

Then there are those who know the difference but assume they can use both for the same collections/catalogs of files.

I seriously doubt it was ever Adobe's intention that Classic catalogs be synced and merged with those synced from other sources (devices).

IMO - their intent if for a person to choose which suits them best and use THAT one.

Well written!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could one us the open in photoshop, then save it to a higher quality format other then jpeg there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Lightroom CC it is possible to save a copy of the original along with any adjustments that have been made. Or, it's possible to save a JPEG. If you choose to open the image in Photoshop then you have those options that are available in Photoshop. But I don't use Lightroom CC that much and haven't gone to Photoshop from it and don't know what will be returned to Lightroom CC. You'll just have to try it. Saving the original plus adjustments is probably as good a choice as there is. Then you could go to Photoshop and open that image and do what ever you wanted from that point. Lot of experimenting to do. Give it a try and see what comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well that's confusing... so you just need to go back to the (renamed but original) lightroom to use the settings that suit a normal workflow instead of the new (but named exactly the same as the old version) lightroom that seems to have shed a whole lot of usefull features... sure that makes perfect sense Adobe - well done you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom Classic for few years now.  Since I've started to accumulate so many photos, I took advantage of a promo for 1 TB of storage for an additional $5 a month (for the first 12 months).  I decided to give Lightroom CC a try.  I do like the simplicity of Lightroom CC, but yes, lacking some key features.  I do shoot models, so I have several catalogs in Classic - can't do that in CC, nor can you "hide" folders.  I also have a need to add photos to an online digital frame and can't export the photos to do so.  I did like ease of sharing out an album (via email link).  And I do like having the photos available on any device, but I'm not sure the cost of missing key features is worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Key take away. It is not suitable for supplying images to clients. Which begs the question. Why is Adobe wasting everyone's time with a subpar consumer product with a name that makes it a pain to find threads that don't cross with "classic"? We are working professionals who pay a license to produce content. "Classic" is really Pro. and "CC" is confusingly is intended for everyday consumers. It's been years now with this trainwreck of software (LR CC) addition with no end in sight for the complete failure of product innovation and slow progress. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when Steve Jobs said keep things simple, he didnt mean "dumb them down", he meant make them more effective.

But I feel a bit of this in design philosophies these days. Like when apple gutted FCP.

Lightroom wins most terrible export options "ever". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines