• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online storage with full CC subscription?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The new Lightroom CC storage plan includes 1 TB of storage for $9.99/mo (or $19.99 when paired with Photoshop in the Photography plan). As a full Creative Cloud subscriber, will my storage increase to 1 TB or am I stuck with 100 GB? If I want to upgrade the storage for an additional fee, is this possible?

I realize the product just launched but there is a lack of clarity on the website about how these updates affect existing subscribers...

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

I have the option to switch plans and increase storage under my full creative cloud account... If i go to switch plans, click the little right arrow, this is what I see

Adobe_ID.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... under the "best laid plans of mice and men" category the path to getting an upgrade in storage to certain plans has been rocky at best. Let me start by thanking all of you for your persistence and patience in searching for a solution to this issue. Also, on behalf of everyone at Adobe I would like to offer a sincere apology. Our teams are working rabidly... ferociously... furiously... (yeah that's it )

...working furiously to create a smoother experience for our customers. Until then...

We are trying to discourage people from using that 1tb link I mentioned in the thread because it only adds CC storage, not photo storage so if you would please not use it that would be helpful.

We are asking you to simply purchase the stand alone Lightroom CC w/ 1TB plan for $9.99. It's less messy for your account and it get's you your storage for the same price. It's not the most elegant solution but until the team figures out a better one it will work.

Another alternative is to wait until your current plan runs up against your storage limit. You will then receive a notification that should present you with the appropriate upgrade options.

If other issues arise please respond to this thread and we will deal with them. This is a perfect example of users helping to make the product experience better for everyone.

Thank you!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick

re:

Another alternative is to wait until your current plan runs up against your storage limit. You will then receive a notification that should present you with the appropriate upgrade options.

That’s what I did and it did not present appropriate upgrade options. See my earlier post with screen grab. You have to go to Add Plan and choose from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 10.57.12 AM.png

Can someone explain to me why upgrading to 1TB of storage would cost $40/month more on a first year Student/teacher edition or $30 more if you are in your second year. I can buy lightroom CC for $10/month with 1TB under a separate account, but to upgrade and existing account one must pay a massive premium. After a miserably long 3rd Chat attempt with Adobe I was told it is impossible to have two different licenses (one Lightroom CC and One S/T edition full CC) on the same account, and that to upgrade the storage to the full Student/Teacher CC subscription the only option is to pay $59. This is the dumbest pricing scheme I have ever seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines