• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online storage with full CC subscription?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The new Lightroom CC storage plan includes 1 TB of storage for $9.99/mo (or $19.99 when paired with Photoshop in the Photography plan). As a full Creative Cloud subscriber, will my storage increase to 1 TB or am I stuck with 100 GB? If I want to upgrade the storage for an additional fee, is this possible?

I realize the product just launched but there is a lack of clarity on the website about how these updates affect existing subscribers...

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

I have the option to switch plans and increase storage under my full creative cloud account... If i go to switch plans, click the little right arrow, this is what I see

Adobe_ID.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These updates can take time to propagate across their servers and user groups. I suggest giving it 24 hours because some people are already seeing the option. On other threads some people earlier today had not even gotten the push for the new software in Creative Cloud app.

seehappy said Adobe had ran out of storage. Deepak is making that up because I was given options of up to 10TB. If there were a limitation I imagine we photo people would not be getting these hire tiers of storage right away either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  I just did the same as  @zselmon and i now have 1TB storage!  How strange that two separate Adobe support guys would tell me I can't upgrade.  I guess the company must be having storage issues and thus they are discouraging signup right now. 

Thanks zselmon​ !!  I can happy get syncing now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not reading the thread. Please see zselmon's post with the big red arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read that there are supposed to be upgrade opportunities, but it wasn't stated if the existing full CC plan will be converted from 100GB to 1TB, with paid upgrades beyond that.

zselmon's post shows an 'upgrade' to a 9.99/mo lightroom CC plan, which has 1TB but does not have all the CC apps. 

All i would like to do is increase storage on my full plan that i have now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full CC plan isn't converted to 1TB, its 100gb but you can upgrade to 1tb for 59.99. Look at the screenshots I posted and find the big red arrow. You have to click on the right arrow to scroll to view all plan options, but there is an option for all apps where you can select from 1tb or more storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zselmon's post was very helpful, but you need to log in to your account, select Manage account, select Manage plan, then select Switch plan. Then you will see the options. Use the arrow keys to see the right options for your present subscription type. Under the prospective plan select the amount of storage you want in order to see pricing for various amounts of storage, from one to 10 TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thats good to know ...its Oct 31 and so far nothing for us full sub users? I was tempted to just go create a user...and only get the LRCC with its storage...then collaborate ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not seeing the arrows to switch plans, hopefully will propagate tomorrow. Did everyone's here show up immediately or was there a wait?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me - there's a note ... saying that contact support to switch plans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointed in the money grab by Adobe for this product. I'm also a full CC subscriber, our monthly fees support your R&D for products like this, then you charge us more for it? Not impressed, don't become Quark, you may have already lost a huge chunk of the industry with the late release of XD (your sketch knock-off). Don't do the same by withholding this from your full CC subscribers without paying for effectively both the Photographer CC plan and the Full CC plan. Not a happy camper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be noted, that different people will see different screens for switching. Maybe based on country? I'm in canada.
My manage plans and switch plans screen looks slightly different, and even scrolling through the options, it doesn't have an "all apps + 1 TB" option.

I'm sure it's going to take time for everyone to have it especially as they apparently did not buy enough server space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for dual monitor screen shot. But this is to show that not everyone has the same options on their switch plan screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so here is what I am seeing when I click to the right to look at other plans. these are the two plans that include all apps.

adobe1.png

So for about $10 more per month I can get 1TB of storage. That is acceptable, since that is also the price that Google Drive charges for 1TB. However, how come that all apps plan with 1TB does not include "Your own portfolio website, and premium fonts" ?

I don't currently use the portfolio site, but I was considering it. More importantly, I DO use the fonts. If I switch to that plan, will I lose my fonts? Also, I'm not exactly sure which month I started my current one year plan. Will there be some sort of fee for switching before the year is up? I know there is a fee if you completely cancel early, but what if you switch?

As for the other plan, it only includes 100GB, but it also says "Creative Cloud for Individuals" as opposed to just "Creative Cloud All Apps plan". That's me, I'm an individual. Is there a difference there?

Also, looking at these plans side by side shows how even more ridiculous the current situation is. The plan on the left costs $65 a month and includes 1TB of storage. The plan on the right costs over $20 MORE per month. Yet, it only includes 100GB of storage. So really we can say it costs $30 more because the storage is removed. Are the stock images, fonts, and portfolio site really worth $30 per month?

This is actually making things more difficult than before. Yesterday the answer was simply that there was no way to upgrade. Now there is a $65 plan. But what if Adobe straightens this out? Will they come out with plans worse than $65 making me regret not switching now? Or will they come out with more reasonable plans making me regret not switching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one more thing. The plans that are listed if I go to the site as a brand new customer are completely different from the ones listed in the plan switching interface when I'm logged in. If those are just special deals for new subscribers, that needs to be stated explicitly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to get a real answer! You can upgrade your storage to 1TB using this link:

****This is Rick Spaulding.  Just to be clear, I had to delete the link that was in this post because it did not work. It added 1TB of Creative Cloud assets storage but not photo storage. If you should encounter this "Adobe Checkout" link elsewhere, don't use it. The issue has been fixed and you should be able to purchase more storage through your "Manage Account" link as described above.*****

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally, this one post is more helpful than 2 of the adobe support people, and 10 minutes of back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I bought the 1TB plan for $10 a month. It went through. I have it on my account. But in Lightroom, it still says I only have 100GB of storage available.

account.png

lightroom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to restart LR CC? Have you retried again after a while, maybe there is a delay before it shows up in LRCC?

If this works properly it is a good clean way of solving this problem.

After 1/2 hr wait time, and 20 minutes of chat, I was told that it is impossible to add memory to a Student and Teacher edition all Creative Cloud Edition. I told them this made a product I had paid for useless and finally got the case escalated. I will report back when I get the email from the Senior Agents answering this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  that is the situation i'm in.  You can switch plans, but then you aren't getting the student/teacher edition any longer, but rather the full priced edition for almost twice the price.  it is odd they have placed such premium price on storage, especially since their new approach by definition demands a lot more of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also sitting on a student/teacher edition and would love to have 1TB of storage. Have you heard back from any agent at adobe yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat.  I was considering doing the 1TB $10 upgrade, but it appears that Rick Spaulding​'s solution seems to be on a person by person basis.  Can anyone please let us know if this changes?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, as of now, I have not heard back from the agents on my escalated case. I updated the case to note that I had purchased the 1 GB standalone plan and that it was not activating on my computer. I will send a twitter message with reference to the case number to @AdobeCare to see if that gets this unstuck.

When I click Update from the red warning message in LRCC it goes straight to the update page for my CC plan and still does not give me a storage upgrade option.

There is no risk to signing up for the standalone plan if later it becomes easier to just upgrade the CC plan with more storage as the standalone plan is easy to cancel with refund within 14 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?  Can't get 1TB with a teacher/student plan?  How can they expect us to use the new LR CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, the expect us to upgrade to a plan that is $59/month.  that is the only option i get under switching plans.  this is not a good way to roll out a cloud-based product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets just hope their backup routines are better than their invoice and booking systems.. Usually companies prioritize getting money in and not what comes after so makes me quite worried about storing my photos there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines