• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Downloader incorrectly states there is not enough space

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download everything stored in my adobe lightroom cloud (about 107gb) to an external drive. Lightroom Downloader is the tool for that so I installed it. When I selected the destination folder it gives me an error that says "not enough space" despite the external drive having more than 2tb available. I have also tried saving to my Mac HD which I have 500gb available, and get the same error.

I am on a macbook pro running 10.15.7

Why is this happening despite me having ample space???

here is a screenshot of the issue

Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 3.23.19 PM.png

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a long shot, but how much space is on the internal drive? I know your final destination is the external drive, but perhaps Lightroom makes a temporary copy to the internal drive first? Yes, this is speculation, but I have a vague recollection of something about this. It may also be completely wrong. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

internal Mac HD has over 500gb of space. so that's not it. I tried saving it there too (in addition to the external) and got the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just realized that currently I pay for 100gb of adobe cloud. And I am using 107gb, meaning I've been getting error messages saying the cloud is full and I need to upgrade my plan. I am wondering if this may be contributing to the issue? Either way though I should be able to remove the things that are in the cloud (because I don't want to upgrade). I didn't even want all these items there anyway, photos on my phone were automatically synced with creative cloud when I downloaded the Lightroom iOS app. Very frustrating....

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 8.35.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The likely issue is that you are hitting an old bug that manifested under Catalina. The solution is to update to a later version of your OS where this issue is fixed.  Are you able to update your OS?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am not able to update. Is there an older version of the downloader that I can install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there is no other version of the Downloader available.

It is possible for the downloads to be created by us manually and emailed to you as a series of zip files. It is a very slow process however. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are able to, could you download and send me a zip of my photos? Im also facing this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue can best be resolved by contacting Adobe Customer Care at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html. Scroll to the bottom and click on the “Start Now” live chat link in the lower right of this page. Typing “Agent” into the chat text field will bypass the initial chatbot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated and the problem still persists... any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your current OS Version Number after the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm also facing this issue. I'm on the latest MacOS. Lightroom cloud content is 73.4GB, Lightroom Downloader says I only have 54.2GB available on disk, even though I have 300 GB available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@batlounis  I've contacted you privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the problem that the Adobe Ligthroom downloader allways says, that there is not enough space on the disc, even if ther is enough space.

I tried it on several external discs, but nothing functioned.

Is there a solution for this problem?

THank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Christoph5FBF  What is your Windows OS Version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home 22H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have the Lr Web team looking at it right now. The OP on this thread was Mac and it helps that you are on Windows. Please stand by. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

do you have found a solution for the problem?

Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Web team has tested and been unable to reproduce the issue on Mac or Windows. I have asked them for next steps and what data collection we might need to do. Please stand by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home 22H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the Adobe Lightroom Downloader tries to make a copy on my internal disk, because she is now full...But I would like to use the external drive just because of the missing space on my internal drive. )I do not have 100 GB left there, but some 20 GB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've contacted you via a direct message to obtain logs. 

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've received the information and passed it on to the Web team for review.  Please stand by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

I'm having the same issue on my mac. I'm running Mojave 10.14.6

Was there a solution for the problem?

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 12.50.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am forced to download my Lightroom photos from the cloud because they will close my account in 30 days.

The files in the LR-cloud in total use 11,7GB in the cloud. The downloader app says, that my target-folder to download the files is not big enough. But it is, with 2 TG it should work. Can someone help?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines