• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Samsung S22 Ultra exhibits unusual color pattern due to malformed metadata in file

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra phone and installed the latest Lightroom Mobile (LRM). All the DNG RAW photos I take with the LRM camera  are unusable because they come out with bands of rainbow colour all over them.  The angle of the bands varies between photos.  JPG files from the LRM camera are OK.   JPG or DNG photos taken with the default Samsung camera are OK.  Is this a bug that will be fixed in Lightroom Mobile?   

Interestingly, the Lightroom Mobile DNG files look fine when viewed in the Microsoft Windows Photos app on my PC - but not in any Lightroom app (including Lightroom Classic, Lightroom Web)! 

I cannot attach an example because this site says the content type does not match its DNG extension but here is a JPG exported from the DNG in Lightroom Classic which shows the problem.

LRM_20220223_084410-LRexport-202202230844101.jpg

My old Samsung Galaxy Note 9 did not have this problem.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

The title of this post indicates there is a problem with the file supplied by Samsung. A fix would need to come from the device manufacturer in order for this issue to be corrected. 

The device manufacturer has been made aware of the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have same issue with the moire coloured pattern when using Lightroom Camera app on Samsung S22 Ultra which has Exynos chipset (UK model)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example.....this is just a screen shot of the RAW file taken using Lightroom Camera (v7.41 Lightroom Android) Android V12screenshot of RAW.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems with the pictures from Lighroom Camera.

The new Expert RAW and the build in camera are OK.

I have the Exynos Xclipse 920 in my S22+ (Ireland)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just checked this - I don't usually use the LR camera - and discovered the same issue.

I have the Exynos (UK) variant.

Happy to add any further information or help with testing bug fixes if required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new Samsung S22+ . When I use my Lightroom Camera the pictures are not usable. A color Moiré makes the pictures look awful. The build in camera app and the new Expert RAW app are creating proper pictures in RAW format.  Can you please address this problem as soon as possible?  I use this new phone camera with Lightroom for my customers.

This is a sample picture:

roverdublin_1-1649411205908.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Android 12).

Lightroom Mobile v7.2.1.

• I take photos on the phone with the stock Samsung Camera app (v 12.0.01.62) in normal as well as PRO modes, and also Samsung's Expert RAW app (v 1.0.01.1).
  • The photos are generally in HEIC format, but I also use RAW (DNG) and JPEG.
  • The issues described below are found with the HEIC photos, not DNG or JPG.
  • I import photos to Adobe Lightroom Mobile on the phone.
  • The photos as displayed in the stock Samsung gallery look 'correct' / as expected.
  • When they are displayed in the LR Mobile gallery they are too bright and also appear to be the wrong colour balance.
  • When I open an HEIC image from the LR Mobile gallery the image then 'resolves' and matches the way it looks in the stock Samsung gallery (i.e. 'correctly'). This does not then translate back to the gallery view - the image still looks wrong in that view.
  • Moving to the Windows PC and Lightroom (v5.2), the photos' appearance matches that seen in LR Mobile - i.e. too bright and the wrong colour balance when displayed in the film strip.
  • When opened to a single image view the image 'resolves' after 3-5 seconds and then looks correct.
  • The images in the film strip remain incorrect.
  • In LR Classic (synchronised via LR Mobile's albums) the photos look correct in both the gallery and individual formats as soon as they are opened.

I hope that is enough information but if you require more let me know.  I have not included any examples or screenshots as I am not sure how useful they would be when the issue is one of rendering, but will do so if requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Rikk Flohr: Photography - I don't agree that my post should be merged with this thread.

• This thread is about a bug with the Lightroom Mobile camera.
  • My report is about the way that Lightroom (LR Mobile and LR on desktop) display photos taken with the stock Samsung camera (esp. those in HEIC format).

Can you please separate them?

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi liebe Community,

habe ein Problem mit meinem neuen Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra in Verbindung mit Lightroom Mobile.

Habe bei egal welcher Verschlusszeit, Blende, ISO-Wert ein Regenbogen Muster über dem Bild liegen (siehe Anhang).

Handy hat keine Hülle und Linsen sind sauber.

Kämpft jemand mit einem ähnlichen Problem und lassen sich die Bilder noch retten ?

Danke für Eure Tipps & Hilfe!

Nobby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ja, das ist ein Problem in der Lightroom Kamera. Es wurde bereits als Bug
den Entwicklern bekannt gegeben.
Ich hoffe Sie arbeiten an einer Lösung.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. 

Photos I take using the preinstalled camera app on my s22 once in lightroom end up out of balance and too bright, its not an issue for photos taken on other devices or saved/downloaded.

Screenshot_20220503-175216_Lightroom.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-175252_Gallery.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Investigating for two months now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the same problem last week when I tried a s22U with third-party apps. I made a video with some examples for your reference. 
https://youtu.be/lUXgIrzHZjw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be solved within the first month of the phone launch. Now, I don't think they are even investigating, let alone solving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is something Adobe can't fix. It really looks like the problem has something to do with the S22. 
I would like to know if this issue is only appearing with the S22 ultra or the whole S22 line up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They could at least say something. 

I have regular S22 and have this issue, so it's not only Ultra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like problem related only to the Exynos version of S22 (regular/+/ultra) as I understtnd from discussion above. I have S22 (Exynos), fully updated, with same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rently got a Samsung S22 Ultra.  All photos taken with the camera within lightroom has rainbow stripes running diagonally across th pictures, terrible colours and grain.  Taking a photo with the phone camera and importing it to Lightroom works fine, so I suggest that if anyone has the same issue.LRM_20220824_105424.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using lightroom mobile to take photos on my phone. I have a strange condition and can't find a solution to this problem. After taking the photo via lightroom mobile, the preview image looks good. However, when you close the preview and reopen the photos, each photo has a strange pattern. I take photos in raw format. Have any of you encountered such a problem. I am enclosing a sample photo of a plain white surface.

Regards, Rafal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is it that we see in the attached photo? Is that an enlarged small part of the photo? Is this the entire photo that looks that way?

What type of phone are you using?

Use this

FMcLion_0-1664693922095.png

to embed photos instead of attaching it.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your interest in my problem. This is a full frame photo from the Samsung Galaxy S 22 Ultra. The photo should have a uniform white or gray surface. These yellow-black discolorations are an undesirable effect.
Of course, the same photo taken with a samsung application looks correct.
Regards, Rafal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F. McLion, thank you for transferring the thread. I can see others have these stripes in the photos as well. The user jmjstandin reported it for the first time in February 2022. It's been six months and it follows from this thread that the problem has not been resolved so far. I also understand that it is not known if this is adobe or samsung's fault? Who should you go to and ask for a response in this matter?
Regards, Rafal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk (Adobe Employee) has confirmed that the issue is currently being analyzed.

If it turns out to be an Adobe issue, all you can do now is to wait for a fix, probably coming with the next update.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, I will ask in Rikk's thread if he has any messages.

Regards, Rafal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title of this post indicates there is a problem with the file supplied by Samsung. A fix would need to come from the device manufacturer in order for this issue to be corrected. 

The device manufacturer has been made aware of the issue. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines