• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Subscriptions from Mobile App Stores don't work with Desktop Software

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get so many questions about this I decided that an authoritative post would be helpful. 

If you've purchased a subscription from a mobile app store, (e.g. Apple's App Store, the Google Play Store or the Samsung Store), the subscription is for mobile devices only. Running Lightroom Desktop on a PC or a Mac requires a specific subscription purchased for desktop computers.

The Desktop subscription includes access to the Mobile product but not vice-versa. 

Lightroom Web is included in all subscriptions. 

If you've purchased the incorrect subscription for your needs, or your needs have changed, please login here to update your plan: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html 

After subscribing to the Ecosystem plan, you can decide whether to cancel your mobile-only plan.

Hopefully this helps. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

If you purchased the wrong plan for what you want to do, that's hardly Adobe's fault.

The basic Photography Plan is only $10/month for 12 months.

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, subscribing through iOS, it makes no mention of it being the mobile only version. Second, I don't want or having any use for all those extras. I just want Lightroom access through my iPhone and occasionally on my desktop when I have a bigger collection of photos to go through. Have to pay double for that is hardly worth another $60 a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, subscribing through iOS, it makes no mention of it being the mobile only version.

By @Mark38851019w4hz

==============

It's assumed you know the difference between iOS (mobile) and macOS (computers).

• iOS iStore = dedicated mobile apps for use on iOS mobile devices only. 
  • Computer apps for macOS computers will not work on iOS mobile devices or vice versa.

If you don't believe me, feel free to consult an Apple rep who can explain the differences to you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course I know the difference. Let me try and make things basic for you so YOU can understand. When subscribing to things, it usually tells you what kind of subscription you're making. There's numerous subscriptions I can make through an iOS app that work anywhere. Nowhere does it mention, when buying the Lightroom subscription, that it is mobile only. Got it now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines