• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Local Catalog Problem"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom ran into a problem with your local catalog and must either quit or restart."

I try to restart and nothing happens. Same error forever. I've tried reinstalling, rolling back to other versions, and reinstalling CC. Problem persists. What is this, and why can't I edit my photos. 

I'm on Windows 10, latest versions, drivers, etc. 

Thank you.lcp.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

On Windows10, the local catalog is stored in C:>users>username>AppData>Local>Adobe>Lightroom CC>Data. Delete the "Data" sub-folder, then restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know that syncing was complete the last time you used Lightroom and you have a back up of all your recently imported photos, then if you delete the local Lightroom Library, it will be rebuilt and re-populated from the Cloud.

I only use Mac so unsure of it's location in Windows, apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows10, the local catalog is stored in C:>users>username>AppData>Local>Adobe>Lightroom CC>Data. Delete the "Data" sub-folder, then restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me!

Thanks a ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm! I couldn't find the folder either, but after a lot of digging, I just typed in the path and I found the folder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Data" sub-folder deleting helped. Thanks. Why Adobe can't solve such bugs? I spent so many time for that. They have terrible service. And now I am looking for some app to change lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about on Mac please. Have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "local catalog" on MacOS is stored in the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary package which you will find in your user Pictures folder. 

When you delete that local library it will be recreated from your Cloud catalog on next launch of the Lightroom desktop app, which means that any changes which you had previously done in the Lightroom desktop app (or new images imported) and which have not yet synced to the cloud will be lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for the reply, i have deleted it but still getting the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solutions please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as you.  I deleted the local cataloge under Pictures, and although it rebuilts it, the error pop up comes back as soon as you start the appliation. This si on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue, but I am unable to locate the folder using those paths. I only have 'roaming' and no 'local' and cannot locate the data sub-folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user's "AppData" folder is unhelpfully hidden by default in Explorer, although there is an option on the View tab to show hidden items, which I assume you haven't yet checked.

So either enable that option, or you can simply type %appdata% into the Windows search bar and that will open Explorer with the AppData folder showing, with "Local" being the first sub-folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, you are a lifesaver. Thank you so much, that resolved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with this seemed to be tied to using Google Drive.  I turned Google Drive off, and the error did not occur.  I turned Google Drive back on and the error reappeared. My Google Drive setting is now set to not backup that folder.  An attempt to rename the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary file did not work. After renaming that file and having Google Drive on, I could see a new Lightroom Library.lrlibrary file created, but the error reoccurred.  

MacBook Pro 14 inch, 2021.

16 GB Memory

masOS Sonoma 14.2.1

Lightroom v 7.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I stopped Google drive from backing up that folder. So far the error has not occured again. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked like a charm, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You just saved me tons of work! I belive i lost all the work done. I just paused my google drive while using lightroom, it seems i will stop syncronizing photos library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines