• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Location Info on export

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a GPS tagged photo, in Lightroom Classic there is the option to "Remove Location Info". 

I'm trying to find the same function in Lightroom Cloud but all I get is to export with either "All Metadata" or "Copyright Only" (which also removes the IPTC Caption field which I need on the export). 

My workaround is simply to remove the GPS information from the photo in question. 

Have I missed something or does this feature not exist yet in Lightroom Cloud? 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

No, you haven't missed anything, that option is not yet available in the Lightroom desktop app. It is, however, available in the Lightroom Mobile app (iOS/iPadOS/Android), and is also an option when sharing albums from the cloud. Hopefully that might mean that the option will eventually make its way into the Lightroom desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you haven't missed anything, that option is not yet available in the Lightroom desktop app. It is, however, available in the Lightroom Mobile app (iOS/iPadOS/Android), and is also an option when sharing albums from the cloud. Hopefully that might mean that the option will eventually make its way into the Lightroom desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jim Wilde: Thanks and appreciate you letting me know the option is on the iOS app. 

That's actually a better workaround for me as I can still GPS tag in Lr (for when this feature eventually rolls out) but still have a way of exporting without the GPS info. 🙇‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines