• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White balance selector turns cursor to zoom

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running latest Lightroom cloud 6.2 on Mac OS Ventura M2 Pro, white balance selector doesn't work. Pressing W turns cursor to zoom (and it zooms when clicked), and directly clicking on WB selector has the same effect. 

I realize the same was replied to a post on 19th of March 2023 by HenryJames, but he was told it was "highly unlikely". So I try to raise it as well. https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/white-balance-picker-and-zoom-hand-tool...

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, resolved after restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to figure out why it does this all the time, and it seems to be random...

It's not really a solution to have to restart Lightroom every time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meaning you have the same issue? Which platform? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too. I just purchased Lightroom, so it's the newest version. There is no further update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. It seems to be very random. Sometimes a restart of the program helps, other times it does not. Sometimes I will move a slider in either the Color or Light menus and it will reset the cursor. Other times I can just click out of the program and when I come back, the zoom cursor has gone. I am using the latest version of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen Lightroom has had this problem for years, there are posts dating back to 2017 reporting this bug and the only answers Adobe gives is "update to latest version". I have the latest version 6.3.1 and I have the same issue. I hope they fix it soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on Lightroom  v 7.0 on windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue, and have been for a long time, through Lightroom updates and everything. It really isn't a solution to have to restart Lightroom every time I try to use the white balance dropper. I've seen threads about this issue dating back over 5 years ago. Can Adobe look into this and solve it once and for all? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been an issue for years, but I'm still having issues with the white balance selector getting stuck as the Zoom tool. When will this get fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue with not just the white balance selector, but also the selectors for Point Color; occasionally Color Mixer; and rarely the Curve selector. Sometimes it will show the Zoom tool as @nthutton says. For me, often it will show the selector with the preview stuck on some random selection of pixels in the current image (or even pixels from a different image I've been working on, if the tool originally got stuck back on that image). It's a mix of issues, but all clearly related. I can't figure out specifically when it'll happen, but, it's particularly quite frequent on white balance and point color, and frequent enough on color mixer that it's overall really problematic. Even quitting Lightroom and reopening doesn't reliably fix.

If the cursor turns into the Zoom tool, it will just zoom when I click on the image, making the selector useless. If it just gets a stuck pixel preview, it will at least correctly handle when I click on the image—i.e. it'll choose the point color/white balance based on where I click on the image, not based on the wonky preview, but I can't see with much detail what pixel it's actually working off of.

I have two screen recordings demonstrating this, and apparent inconsistencies (making it harder to pinpoint). Video embed is acting a bit wonky for me, so linking directly to Vimeo.

1) This one is after having Lightroom open for a while and previously working on other images. This example is an HEIC that is synced, available offline as a full HEIC/original file, and otherwise unedited. Tests with edited images, including other formats (DNGs) and images in HDR editing mode do not behave differently. (All available offline, full originals.)

You can see in this particular example that that:

- Curve point selector works fine.

- White balance selector is stuck on pixels from another image I'd been working on—but works off of data from this image if I actually click on points in it.

- Color Mixer shows zoom at first (and clicking on the image just zooms). If I leave the inspector and go back into it, I then get the actual color selector functionality with proper preview It does seem that if I don't unselect the previous selector (you'll see that I don't, in this first video, before moving to Color Mixer), I often will get the unwanted zoom cursor. Haven't been able to replicate this 100% of the time. But still, it seems like a bug if it goes to the zoom tool when you move to a different selector without clicking out of the first one?

- Point Color is also stuck on pixels from the other image, but like white balance, refers properly to this image if I actually click.

The preview you see on the stuck/frozen selectors are pixels from a different image that I had been working on. The selector previews had originally gotten stuck showing static pixels when working on that previous image; going back to that image and trying to use the selectors does not make a difference—they're still frozen. Sometimes, the stuck pixel previews will change to a different area of the image where they were originally frozen, for no apparent reason. But they stay stuck/frozen.

2) This second screen recording is after quitting and reopening, with the same image. Pretty much the same things happen, except I don't get Zoom the first time with Color Mixer, and the stuck inspector pixels are now from somewhere in this first image I'm working on.

I'm on Lightroom 7.1.2, MacOS 14.3, 13" M1 2020, 16GB RAM, plenty of SDD space. If it's relevant, all originals are set to sync to the computer; there's >6GB free on the cloud. Have tried both in full screen and windowed view—doesn't seem to make a difference. Have also tried emptying cache and resetting preferences to no avail.

[mod note: as I've got a bit more than just the Zoom tool issue in the current topic, not sure if this should be a separate thread, or just widen the topic of the current one?]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines