• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: the caption appears on the upper left side and the font size is very large

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up the Photography Plan subscription.  To try out the sharing features in LRWeb, I created an album, added to a galley, and created a sharable link to the gallery. The photos display on the web quite nicely. In the "normal" display mode, the caption for each individual image shows up at the lower left corner, with or without the Info panel on the right. However, when switching to the slideshow or full-screen mode, the caption appears on the upper left side and the font size is very large.  It is unappealing and somewhat disrupting the image itself. If the caption is longer with many words, it runs across the image. So my question is: For the slideshow and the full screen display mode, is it possible to change the font size or even turn off the caption?   

Idea No status
TOPICS
Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't believe it's possible to do either of those things. Perhaps a moderator could turn this into a feature request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Personally I think it is a much better way for viewers to see the photos in the slideshow or full screen mode (with auto-advancing or navigation arrows on either side), but the captions in large fonts overlaying across the top kind of ruin the image. Please add the ability to let us change the font size (e.g. small, medium, or large) or even turn off the caption in slideshow mode.  Google Photos does not show captions in the slideshow mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the goal, consider using Portfolio, it is free with your Lr subscription and has much better control over the presentation side.

Although, I have not explored the access control side Portfolio.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Tim! I've looked into Portfolio. I know that in Portfolio you can enable or disable the right-click to control access. It does not have the download capability as in LRWeb. My preference is to have the ability for family members and friends to download the entire album into a zip file.

Votes

Translate

Translate