• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to sync adjustments to multiple photos at once

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think LRM is great and use it to cull and edit all of my photos. As I import into LR (desktop) from my memory card, I add the photos to a new collection that is synced to LRM. I can do 80 - 90% of my editing on my iPad Pro 12.9 inch with Apple pencil. I do review all photos later on my desktop to ensure everything looks good before I print, export or publish. As I said, I am very happy with LRM but would really like to see the ability to sync adjustments to multiple photos at once. It would reduce the time required on my desktop and make mobile editing more efficient.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
86 Comments
Participant ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the tutorials and inspirations, the main new features are totally unnecessary and superfluous. Textures is nice, but the workflow should be the priority and seems the project managers simply don’t get it. And why would one prioritize Android tablets? Is that where Adobe sees the future. No serious photographer would. I have been a long fan of Adobe and have a full subscription but I am getting fed up at the lack of progress in making the mobile app useful, and dealing with the integration mess they made with CC and Classic. How come no 2 screen capability in desktop LR CC, no printing. Why am I forced to use two barely compatible approaches? This was understandable a year ago at the beginning of an apparent transition to CC, but the problems simply are not getting fixed. I could rant on, but it seems that the people who control my future with Adobe are bean counting marketing people, who can’t actually count beans, and not the real photography experts that created PS and LR. Grump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve just updated to the latest version of Lightroom mobile and now can’t even use copy and paste as good as it was before. How are you finding it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, I've lost the ability to shift/command/v paste from previous or command/v paste copied settings. Boo...

I can now only paste settings by using the on-screen options. HUGE pain in my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes me too… I’ve just been trying to do a live chat with Adobe about it and they are going to try and do a screen share on my iPad tomorrow. I’ll let you know if we manage to find a fix.

Cheers,

David

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/davidlakephotography/

w: http://www.davidlakephotography.com<http://www.davidlakephotography.com/>

{Personal information removed by Moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you shoot timelapses I would very strongly advice against just bringing an iPad. The experience of using raw files on mobile OSes with more than a few images is terrible (wrote this in 2016 but everything still applies: Jao's photo blog: A mobile workflow with Lightroom?)​ let alone the 1000's of images generated for timelapses. You are far better off with a small laptop or a surface machine and running Classic and Photoshop on it to generate the lapses.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow us to copy settings from one image and then paste them to a selection of images. At the moment I have to copy then swipe tap a few times per image to paste one by one.

This feature should have been present from day one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 months after Android got the update, silence on IOS .... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This says implemented but I can't find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only on Android so far, they've confirmed they're working on iOS. I've posted instructions on your other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2019 Aug 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gives me anxiety that I can't paste edit settings from one photo to another on my iPad. The fact that I have to wait to go onto my iMac to do this is ludicrous. It ruins the entire workflow and my creative process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2019 Aug 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. This has been incredibly painful for me as I’ve been traveling for a year, with my iPad as my primary editing tool. I also have a laptop, but it’s not suitable for most of my travel conditions and so I rarely take it with me. Sometimes, it proves faster to go back to my hotel, sync a change across my photos, then return to the field, rather than attempt to continue making edits one-by-one on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2019 Sep 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature request: would love to be able to batch apply settings to multiple photos simultaneously in mobile iOS version of Lightroom. This would be SOOOO helpful and I’m sure I’m not the first person to think this would be great to have. Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not been implemented in iOS as of Sept 9, 2019. You can select multiple images to export or move, but not "Paste Settings..." to. You have to do it one photo at a time go to the next photo, clicking '...' (but only if you're on the edit settings dialogue, otherwise this menu won't show up (bad UX)), click 'Paste Settings...', then repeat to the next one, again and again and again, for hundreds of photos.

This is beyond frustrating as I have invested in Lightroom CC across my devices, from software to hardware to peripherals, and this completely destroys the experience for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we update this ticket to not say "implemented"? It's not currently implemented on iOS making for a very frustrating professional experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get rid of the "implemented" flag? It appears this feature is not available on my iPad yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been marked as implemented but it is not actually implemented, this is a critical workflow feature and it’s a joke that it’s not there and wasn’t there since day 1. Out of all the complex features Lightroom has this is a rather simple one that would be easy to put in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe where is the implementation?! It is 16/10/19 and still nowhere to be seen. Such a fundamental feature which should be implemented at the product launch and yet 3 years after this is requested we still see nothing. I can safely represent the whole community in saying we're very disappointed. Not happy Adobe. Not happy at all! Get to work and stop making false claims about the delivery of this feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify: 

This feature has been implemented on the Desktop and Android clients for the Lightroom Ecosystem. It is currently planned for an upcoming release for Lightroom's iOS Clients (iPad and iPhone). 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fantastic, thank you. Couldn't come soon enough! I'm about to do a big batch of edits into November and need a more professional workflow that allows me to focus on my iPad and not my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, thank you much for the update. Is there a timeline for when this update for i(Pad)OS is expected to be available? E.g., this quarter? Next year? Also, as a general rule, should we expect Android to lead i(Pad)OS in feature delivery?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> as a general rule, should we expect Android to lead i(Pad)OS in feature delivery?

Each team takes the lead on different features, so some things come to iOS first and then Android, and vice versa. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still seems that 6 months is a long time to wait for porting it over to ios.

In the future I would suggest to hold back features until both versions ios and android are ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working as a professional photographer and not having the ability to batch edit on the iphone or at least on the ipad is more than frustrating. It looks like Adobe is ignoring the iPad as a serious work tool. Where is Photoshop? Over a year now since they announced it. And why are companies like VSCO are capable of bringing these features already years ago. Keep focused adobe - its about making lifes easier than creating pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@martin Holzner, hear hear!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am baffled, I just got an iPad and edited one event. The fact that you can only paste general adjustments one by one is unacceptable.  I also do not see a way to enter a caption to a whole album. I need to be able to select multiple photos and enter a caption at once. It is a requirement for most editorial clients. I like how fast Lightroom mobile is, but it lacks basic features for news / editorial photographers. Any updates on this. I need batch edit of image settings and of metadata. 

Stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate