• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add red eye removal

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised there is no red eye removal (that I can find) in the new Lightroom CC. Am I just missing something?

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented for the Lightroom Ecosystem Desktop Application (Mac and Windows). We will leave this thread active for those using the Mobile and Web versions of the product. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback.  We do intend to implement a red-eye removal feature in Lightroom at some point in the future.  We do not yet have a specific release date planned.

Thanks,
Ben

11/11/2020
Ben has added additional comments in this post below: 
Rikk

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
195 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, was there any logic to this decision????

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'est pour quand les yeux rouges ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They didn't Timothy. Classic remains the same as it always did. CC is a brand new app for a new audience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still needs the basic functions that are used most. Red eye, pet eye and printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Triple agree! Assign Adobe an error on this one....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add red eye removal to Lightroom CC!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add red eye removal, and other basic features like virtual copies and renaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comment Adobe peut-il mettre en ligne un produit aussi mal conçu et incomplet. C'est incompréhensible. De plus, ils ne tiennent pas compte des centaines de remarques faites par les utilisateurs et ne leur répondent même pas.  Pourquoi une telle impolitesse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Adobe, just wow. Your arrogance and bone-headed, horrible decisions just keep stacking up. You need to be listening to your users, not your developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound a little contrite ... but you design some kind of grid overlay before you upgrade functionality like red eye reductions. Please address the timeline  for when this feature will be added to Lightroom CC. Those of us who pay a monthly fee to use your product deserve a timeline of when these basic features will be added to the online version of your product. Thanks.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe:  Do you have any updates on a timeline for red eye removal in Lightroom CC?  I’m really trying to embrace Lightroom on my mobile platforms, but red eye removal is an essential part of the toolkit - especially on the mobile format where most flashes are straight on from the lens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very small tip while waiting for Adobe to add it - try using the Adjustment Brush or a very small Radial Filter to desaturate the red eye area. You'll just need to zoom in to make it small enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know hot to remove the red eyes in the photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red eye is needed on the mobile app. Selective editing is too difficult and often you cannot create a mask small enough to cover just a pupil. Really shocked this isnt in the app already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is complete and utter BS.  No red eye removal tool in Lightroom CC.???   I'm new to dSLR's and photo editing.  If I knew the "new" version did not have this critical feature I would not have purchased it.  Should have come with a warning label!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add red eye removal to Lightroom CC!  Using the adjustment brush does not work as well as the original red eye removal tool in the original Lightroom version 3, 4, and 5.  I have used Lightroom for years before CC was born!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red eye removal tool is essential. Is anybody listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red eye removal seems like an essential feature of even the most basic photo editing software. Please add this ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very Sad that Adobe removed a critical feature for this cloud version - I have the functionality in every free photo editor out there - but not LCC????   Not acceptable - this has been identified as a gap for over a YEAR.  Come on Adobe - you need to do better.

And get HDR fixed too..   I am seriously thinking about cancelling my subscription and buying a one-time $ package.   You guys are dropping the ball - get your Go To Market process fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe didn't "remove" anything from Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC is a new version, developed from the ground up, completely independent from what you would refer to as the "old" Lightroom. As I understand it, everything that is in Lightroom CC is designed to be compatible across all platforms, and that includes all mobile devices. I think that creates new challenges that makes it difficult to provide all features that users expect and want. Features are added as they are developed and are integrated into ALL platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh - okay.  So if Adobe didn't remove any features in Lightroom CC, can you please provide the instructions on how to remove Red eye?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate