• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add red eye removal

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised there is no red eye removal (that I can find) in the new Lightroom CC. Am I just missing something?

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented for the Lightroom Ecosystem Desktop Application (Mac and Windows). We will leave this thread active for those using the Mobile and Web versions of the product. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback.  We do intend to implement a red-eye removal feature in Lightroom at some point in the future.  We do not yet have a specific release date planned.

Thanks,
Ben

11/11/2020
Ben has added additional comments in this post below: 
Rikk

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
195 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a good old look around, but I can't find the red eye removal tool in the new Lightroom CC. Did it not make it over? seems like a bit of an oversight if it didn't..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Unfortunately, there isn’t yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not missing a thing, it didn't make the cut for 1.0. I've just switched your post to a feature request though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't make the cut so far, but put in a feature request at Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope this is available in an upcoming update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red eye removal tool is necessary and should be brought back fast. I want to be able to continue to use Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They REMOVED IT?!?! Are you *****ing kidding me?! Yes, thank you Adobe. Charge us the same amount a month for your subscription pricing and give us a program with LESS features. Why the hell would you remove that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red Eye removal has not been removed.

Are you aware that we now have two versions of Lightroom?

• CC, and
  • Classic CC

Classic CC is the upgraded version of the Lightroom CC you're already familiar with. The Red Eye removal tool is still there. Nothing has been removed.

The new Lightroom CC is a brand new application written from scratch for a new Cloud only, catalog-free workflow. Some of the features from the old Lightroom CC have been included in the new Lightroom CC but only some. Red Eye removal is not yet one of them.

So nothing has been removed from the new Cloud-only Lightroom CC - Red Eye removal just has not been added yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add red eye removal

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No red eye removal tool?   Ugh.  May need to cancel my subscription until lightroom CC is ready for prime time.  Seems like a very basic (I mean even the free photo app on my phone can fix red eye) photo tool to ommit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem that Lightroom CC has been rushed out.  Red-eye removal is fairly basic editing, and is essential... It also doesn't seem to be able to copy a particular image's adjustments and apply to multiple images.  It can only do one, regardless of whether a group is selected to apply the changes to.  Finally, I have been frustrated that there is no slideshow option for Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pourquoi LR CC ne corrige pas les yeux rouges? C'est un non sens !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add red-eye removal.  Maybe pet-eye while you're at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just cannot believe something soooo basic is missing - just wasted an hour looking for it - back to 'classic' for the time being....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How stupid is that?  What a line of bull shit  "So nothing has been removed from the new Cloud-only Lightroom CC - Red Eye removal just has not been added yet".. It's the first thing I do in many pic.  If I had known, I want not  have let them add my money to there bank account either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add this to the GPU problem on new Macs and its clear these programs are just getting more out of touch and worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<quote>

Add this to the GPU problem on new Macs

</quote>

Huh?  Not all new Macs. I have a 3 week old iMac and no such 'problem' here.

If the software works on my system but not on your system, the problem is . . . . NOT the software.

Ya want to know why it gets harder and harder for companies like Adobe to build compatible software?

It's because a person gets a new system and immediately installs all their old favorite software, tools, utilities, games, etc.

They mess with system preferences and settings, they add hardware and do everything they can to make the system as THEY want.

Then they blame software manufacturer's for not providing software uniquely specific to their systems.

If you have a version of Lr that doesn't work on your Mac, I'll trade ya. I'll bet my version doesn't work on your system either and I'll bet your version works on mine - assuming it has not been altered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RedEye tool . . .

Basic?  BASIC? REALLY?

I've used Lr (now classic) since day one (including weddings and senior portraits, parties and events) and have NEVER had the need for that tool. Red Eye is caused by the misuse of strobes and is avoidable at shoot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not! NOT!! USEFUL!!!

I don't care about your pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally am new to adobe and have watched every tutorial for lightroom and cannot find a BASIC red eye removal tool... concerned this is perhaps not the program for me... I need the basics, red eye is one of them.  Any ideas?  I have the web based subscription for Lr CC and adobe Photoshop.  I don't want to take 10 minutes every time I try to correct red eye.  Surely there's a red eye fix in Lr I am missing??  Thanks for any suggestions... or how to fix easily in Photoshop which I cannot seem to figure out either.  I previously used Corel software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks- I've been trying to figure it out on Photoshop.  I miss my old software- the basic red eye click then choosing a close color match.  The Photoshop is a bit complicated.  I'm just a hobbyist and like to edit my personal photos of my kids, pets, etc.  I may need to look for another software or go back to the Corel and get an updated version.  I liked Lightroom up until I came across red eye (my photos usually don't have them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RedEye removal tool is not yet a feature in the all new (version 1.1) or Lr CC.

My bet is, that it is on the short list of features being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I found I was able to download the classic version with my subscription which I believe has it.  I just want a basic editing ability... hopefully this works.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree. I think it's silly to both change the format of Classic to CC AND remove features...

Votes

Translate

Translate