• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add video editing feature

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys yesterday I saw we can import videos too in lightroom cc app on phone but when I import I can't able to editing it with my presets please guy's allow this so we can also convert our videos into stunning ones please please this means us a lot ❤️❤️❤️

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think video editing has a place in Lightroom. Wanting Lightroom to be an app that meets all visual media editing needs, causes it to lose focus when video editing is an Adobe Premiere matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why they have video option in lightroom cc? If this feature added so for us video editing will be very easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS' Live "Photos" are actually videos, so for those using Lightroom to catalog / archive their photos taken on iOS, video uploads were essential. Programming-wise, uploading videos are easy, but editing videos requires much more effort. If it were that simple, then Apple would have provided basic video-editing ability beyond trimming in the camera roll.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. If Adobe added basic video-editing capabilities to Lightroom, I would definitely use that feature to modify the contrast and color of my videos. I imagine many people would also use that feature. -- But I believe such a feature is beyond the essence of what Lightroom is and intended to be. "Lightroom" is photography-specific, and Lightroom CC is in essence a digital darkroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should at least allow us to export to or choose to edit in their own Rush CC or the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently Adobe Premiere Clip can access LR CC files, and the Adobe Creative Cloud iOS app can too. So it’s a matter of enabling the full browsing of Creative Cloud files in Rush, not a limitation of the Lightroom library. So perhaps it should be a feature request in Rush CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/people/ali_nawaz

I will not go into the discussion about the possibility of editing videos in LR CC. This is not possible either in LR Classic CC.

On the other hand, videos migrated from an LR Classic catalog in the Cloud / LR CC are visible in LR CC Desktop but not in LR CC Mobile (Android). If it's not a bug, it should be able to read on mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is horribly annoying to me that I paid 10x more for this app than one I have that does far more for photos. I bought this because I understood it will allow me to edit videos. I even bought some bs extra package. No app, or add on should be anywhere near your price point with the limited features you offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you “misunderstand” that it would edit videos? Where is it claimed to be a video editing program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you “misunderstand” that it would edit videos? Where is it claimed to be a video editing program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, better to concentrate to One feature! Adobe has no video apps to name..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop has video editing / filtering function why Lightroom cannot do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is dumb, because Lightroom in desktop allows you to do that, so why not having a function makes a better or unique essence of Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvote this. They already have video editing, just need the option to do so on mobile. 

It does not skew the focus of Adobe and it would provide reason for others to become users, as well as provide Adobe with greater profits (that they can invest into new features). This feature will benefit you. Any one who says different is either woefully ignorant or a liar. Period

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@prasand  This is simply not the case. Your comment is wrong, misleading and destructive to the community. 

They already have the option to video edit (as well as their "focus"). The thread is asking to make this available on mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree. Expensive for a mostly useless app. The photo editing options aren't worth ANYTHING, much less a subscription. This app need video editing on mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has (basic) video editing on Desktop. We need and deserve the feature on Mobile.

Not only would this benefit current users with a new ability, it would draw in more users. More users mean more profit for Adobe, which translates to greater support, features, and other general benefits. Anyone wishing to edit videos beyond simple trimming on mobile needs to download a third party app. 

IfAdobe's name popped up on GooglePlay regarding video editor app's people would immediately download it. And all that is required for this to benefit you, every other user you know of, all the users you don't know, Adobe, and myself is for them to make the options available in mobile. Other apps have managed to make (basic) video editing possible, Adobe deserves the profit gain and you deserve those benefits. Up. Vote. This.

Thanks for reading, and upvote-ing. Wish y'all the best. 🤙

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Sin_Kersey You're replying to a comment negatively pointing the finger at the destructiveness of a "two year old" comment. The only person being destructive is you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Sin_Kersey calling people ignorant or a liar ... two years after the fact, is ignorant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blow me.. up. 🖤 🙂 Fr, we need this feature. Thanks for commenting and helping this trend. 😉 Share with your fiends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years is proof of your destructiveness. We still do not have this feature, and you aid that cause.

As to my being "destructive," to what? Your feelings? Great. Glad I could help to lessen your negative impact on this community and for that case, the world as a whole. 🤙

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not destructive to my feelings. You're literally being condescending, and such behavior is destructive to a community. You're essentially a troll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let's not get personal guys. Differing opinions about the feature request are fine, the product management team will take all into account when considering a request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video editing on iOS aside, it is very annoying that i can’t import my videos to Creative  Cloud in iOS. I have import my photos in LR and then wait to i get to a pc to upload videos. Why is that necessary?

Votes

Translate

Translate