• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Search for Duplicate Photos after import

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember the last time I ever had to worry about duplicates but recently I imported pictures manually from my camera roll and it clearly has imported hundreds of duplicates (with identical filenames mind you). This exclusively happened to HEIC and JPGs from my iPhone's camera roll so it feels like a bug specific to iOS perhaps.

All this brings up the very odd choice of not offering the same deduplicate feature available within the import flow *after* the images are already in the library. In my case, that's hundreds of photos I have to hunt for manually, when the process would be instantaneous if the dupe finder was available outside of the import flow. 

It would also be incredibly useful to be able to group photos from the library that are not *quite* duplicates but very identical (think bursts or multiple edits of the same shot) and allow me to find them, pick the ones I want to keep and either delete or mark the others as rejected. 

I'm not quite sure what version of Lightroom for iOS I was running when the duplicated import issue happened but I'm currently on v7.1.0 if that's any help. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
54 Comments
Explorer ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a featrure to find duplicate photos in Lightroon CC (not Classic) so I can delete them, or so the feture could offer to delete them.

According to a post from 2018 lasting through 2021 there is other people needing this feature.

I am currently using Lightroom version 5.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature gets my vote. It appears that there aren't any other votes on this feature yet, so if you'd find it useful, please click the Upvote button in the top right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if you just upvoted my feature request. I think people may be confused  by your reply, now upvoting your reply instead of my feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HenrikRasmussen I don't think they're too confused, this request had no votes when I posted, and now has 6. The voting system here is relatively new, and wouldn't have existed when this thread was originally created. Mentioning it allowed other people following the original thread to come back and vote. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uma função para desfocar o Fundo junto com as máscaras de seleção seria muito bem vindo e útil principalmente na versão mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am slowly importing, and loading older images from multiple sources.

This is leading to duplicate images. Previously with Classic I used external tools or plugins to find duplicate images. The best tools used either a pixel hash excluding a border amount (very fast, but will miss some changes to the image), or used interest point (very slow, but more accurate).

I would like to see such a framework added to Lr; or a plugin architecture allowing for such a third party tool to be developed.

Note: would likely need configurable settings if duplicates found to ignore if select metadata does not match (such as root filename and capture time) to account for high speed capture sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Please, please , please give us a duplicate finder feature for Lightroom CC. I find it difficult/impossible to believe that we have yet to see this feature on what appears to be turning into your flagship photo manager. Anyone migrating their photos is likely to encounter this problem for one reason or another.  Your facial recognition feature is beyond awesome. It's been two years...  Clearly this should not be such a big ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to NEED this feature! Going through old photoes with duplicates which appears for different reasons (previous migrations and merges of hard drives). Would be nice if the feature not only found exact duplicates but also similar photos, different resolutions, different versions (BW vs. Colour) etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a way. Use the Versions feature (bottom right of the workspace area). It brings up duplicates of the same image. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Si Keeling for the sake of clarity, those aren't real duplicates. They're just different sets of edits of the same photos, so you can experiment without needing to create duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It successfully found duplicates of a file I imported. So it worked for me, YMMV

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Si Keeling.

Can you please provide some screenshots as I don't see any Versions buttons or controls. Hope you are talking about the CC, not the Classic Lightroom. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Versions button is at the bottom of the Edit sliders panel and it's great at its job! It's just no good at finding real duplicates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm away from my desktop right now, but if you click on the Edit button (sliders) top right, you'll see Versions at the bottom of the Edit pane. HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried third party desktop duplicate finders using visual processing? I saw one advertised but thought it might be sketchy. I have over 108K photos and am not done integrating old iPhotos/Photos/Aperture and other libraries spaning 25 years. Much of my EXIM or other Metadata is lost, incomplete and/or incorrect so most duplicate finders don't really work. Further, it would be helpful to find bursts and choose the best etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New here as well, and I haver the same problem.  Pease Adobe, give us a duplicate finder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, this is nearly a showstopper for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a feature of Finding Duplicates of photos and videos, it will make more easier to find duplicate data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in lightroom desktop, if I have 2 identical images, and the only difference is that there is a dot to the right of the edit panel in one, what does that mean?  thanks, edie

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can do it in Photos, than you should be able to do it in Lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

incredible how this feature is dearly missed since 2019 and nothing is done to adress this problem. ><
seems like this isn't going to be changed in the next three years since it wasn't in the last 4.....
another reason to crawl back to apple 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try duplicate photos fixer pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe we shouldn't have to pay for an additional subscription to add to the industry-standard cataloging software...

Votes

Translate

Translate