• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for Live Photos

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been testing out Lightroom CC for a bit. I am considering a switch from Apple Photos. Is there a reason you cannot support Live Photo’s? Google Photos does on apple device, so I know its not a totally closed down format. Even if you could only view them on apple devices it would still be nice. Sometimes the Live Photo feature captures really special moments. I’m not sure I could give them up.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
39 Comments
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running an LR Classic Library and trying to keep it "synced" with an iCloud Photos library.

It's not fun, and I'm flabbergasted it's been 3+ years without solid Live Photo support from any Adobe software, (Bridge, LR, or LRC).

I know a few people who moved away from LR subscriptions based on a combination of the Live Photos issue and not being able to select certain photos or albums (or better still) all smart previews to remain on device in the LR mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, 3+ years since this thread started.  And 7 years since Live Photos launched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really is a massive issue for me and it's the one reason why I can't commit to lightroom, the lack of live photo stacking really is a kick in the teeth, I either have to download all my photos from icloud to my pc and then upload both jpeg and .mov files to lightroom, creating 2 files for every image, or I upload them to lightroom straight from the ios app and lose the video part of the live photo, very very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that I had some photos and Live Photos in Google Photos that I never imported to Lightroom. I exported them from Google Photos and imported to Lightroom CC today. They show up as a single "MP4+JPEG" in the library. 

But when I use the Develop module, it says video cannot be edited. How can I access the JPEG component of the Live Photo in Lightroom CC?

andrman_0-1655045943188.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrman This is a Lightroom ecosystem thread, go here for Lightroom Classic: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/ct-p/ct-lightroom-classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.  I just cannot believe it.  I'm dealing with this now and I'm dumbfounded to find that support for live pictures isn't there.  I need to export just the jpg, but it won't do it, even though I can clearly see the jpg.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This! I feel tricked as I read that Lightroom supports Live Photos from iPhone. Of course I want to use my iPhone to automatically upload my photos to the Lightroom cloud. I can't even find an explanation to how I'm supposed to get Live Photos to work with Lightroom at all. Do I have to stop the automatic upload of images from my phone and remove them and then upload from computer or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me ask you what they chose instead? I've just committed to Lightroom but this was one of the promises that I now feel have been broken. This thread is the top search hit on Google so I'm sure this will spread for iPhone users that it's not working well at all. I'm definitely moving out to something better if I can find it. I enjoy the editing options but this is a real issue that really should be solved asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel tricked as I read that Lightroom supports Live Photos from iPhone.

@Victor25272427m2ab Sorry to hear that. Was that somewhere on Adobe's site, or just a random source? I've never seen that in any official documentation, however if it is, then of course it needs to be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really hope they impliment this feature soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a better link for Lr Classic users who are coming here from search engines. There is a workaround using Lightroom Classic: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/google-live-photo-how-to-edit-the-photo...

I personally use Classic to make a catalog that I upload to Lr Cloud.  So I have set Lightroom to treat the JPEG and MP4 files separatley, using the setting in the linked thread. They upload to Lr Cloud as 2 separate files, which is fine honestly. I usually only want the JPEG, for albums and slideshows. so it's easy to leave the MP4's out and in a folder just for archival. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one must have been requested a million times, but I can't see it.  It would be lovely if we could import Live photos from iOS directly in LR mobile.  Bringing in the HEIC and the MOV and then stacking can't be that difficult to achieve, surely?  Is there a reason why this obvious feature has been neglected since the dawn of time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, it's almost 2024 and Lightroom still doesn't support live photos. As I'm amassing live photos which contain valuable videos I'm considering switching to Google Photos. PLEASE CONSIDER IMPLEMENTING THIS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the only feature keeping me from using Lightroom.  I'll renew my subscription to Lightroom and use it again once it supports Live Photos.   Until then it basically loses half of my data so it's a deal breaker. 

Votes

Translate

Translate