• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Turn off Tool Tips

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the hints were cool and helpful for the first 10 seconds, but every time i hover over a tool i get a helpful yet extremely annoying hint about what that tool does. i have looked and cant seem to find out how to turn it off, someone please shed some light on how i would turn these off its driving me batty   

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Features:

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The April 2023 updates have implemented this feature request.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came from Affinity Photo editing tool to try out Lightroom and after just a few days realised that these small pop ups are just too annoying and stupid for everyday use(r). It's like you bought a shoes and the next half of a year you're getting Google adds on every single website for the same shoes your'e not going to buy never again in your life. The devil is in details. So Adobe, either you're removing this Tips or I am moving my ass from your priced plans 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick Google search shows that this has been an outstanding issue/complaint/feature request since at least 2018. 

When your cursor hovers over certain buttons (Presets, Auto, B&W, Profile, etc) you get a large popup providing a definition as to what that button/feature does. As an experienced LR user, these are not useful to me and in fact, a hinderence to my productivity. We need an option to disable them via preferences. 

As someone who has primarily always used Lightroom Classic, I'm now beginning to travel regularly again as we move post-pandemic. Lightroom CC seemed like the obvious choice to be able to sync my collections made in LRClassic to allow me to continue to cull and edit while on the road. Yet immediately these constant popups, telling me what I already know and blocking the features I actually need, is proving to be very annoying and slowing down my workflow. 

A update to be able to turn them off would be all that's requested. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many years later and this is still a major issue thats highly requested, I am so thankful this is not in lightroom classic but the fact you named it classic means it will eventually be discontinued for this mobile lightroom app smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm requesting it along with countless other users - not holding my breath though

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remove the tooltips option for Lightroom CC

Best,

David Carlson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Features:

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The April 2023 updates have implemented this feature request.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate