• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are photo files stored on mac in Lightroom CC?

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure in Classic version this was as simple as right-clicking the image and choosing "show in Finder" but can't seem to figure out how to do this in Lightroom CC.

If you tell me they are in the cloud you're going to have to be more precise than that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Select all photos, choose 'File - Save to...' and choose 'Original + Settings' as format. Then delete all photos by choosing 'Edit - Delete xxx Photos'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jjjnyt  wrote

Pretty sure in Classic version this was as simple as right-clicking the image and choosing "show in Finder" but can't seem to figure out how to do this in Lightroom CC.

If you tell me they are in the cloud you're going to have to be more precise than that.

They are in the cloud. How could I be more precise than that? This is the fundamental difference between Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom CC. Lightroom Classic stores your photos locally, Lightroom CC stores them in the cloud on the Adobe servers.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. This is not good. This is a work account and I need to store photos on OUR servers, not Adobe's.

Adobe is good at the show and tell of everything new with an update but I don't recall any mention of this significant change. Nor was there mention of how to retrieve your files/download to your computer's hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jjjnyt  wrote

Wow. This is not good. This is a work account and I need to store photos on OUR servers, not Adobe's.

Then you should not use Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC vs. Lightroom Classic CC | Adobe

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I download all the photos and delete everything from Adobe's server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all photos, choose 'File - Save to...' and choose 'Original + Settings' as format. Then delete all photos by choosing 'Edit - Delete xxx Photos'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for clarifying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As johan says. But newly added photos are temporarily stored in the cache. You can find the library in Pictures on Mac OS. LR CC gives you the option to use the space saving dynamic cache (default) or to store a cloud linked local copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon I think you are saying the photos are also stored locally, and if so how do I locate the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines