• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blender Add On not Working?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I run a Blender YouTube channel (southernshotty) and was excited to do a tutorial on the new mixamo add on, but it's not currently working for me. 

I'm getting a recall error when generating the rig and it breaks the rig. Removing part of the arms.

I've tried it on two computers and three versions of blender. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also got an erro ron a certain file, though when i start the file from scratch and import the FBX from Mixamo again it does work.

For ne the issue was when its start to generate, it returns an error "cs>master already in Master Colection". I got that fixed my self by adding an extra line in objects.py #89. This is the line i added and added 1 indent to the 2 lines below

if not collec in obj.users_collection:

What is your exact error output, could you paste the error from the console here or add is as text file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same error I got. I changed characters and it worked? It was with the x and y bot, maybe because they have multiple meshes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well actually my mesh does have multiple meshes. I cant recall what i did with the file the first time., I believe i imported it and saved it as a base start file.

Upon trying it again by opening the file it keeps failing, until i add that line of code.

When i do the complete process from scratch it does work. It makes no sense to me. 

So my fixed helped you as well? I tried contacting them through twitter and they send me here. I already kinda new i would not find anything here, the addon is too new for that. I asked for a repository or a dev, but they have not answered that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears,

The Blender add-on only works with characters that have been auto-rigged with Mixamo. Not all the Mixamo stock characters work as we have some legacy ones that we are still retrofitting at present. Hopefully we will get that taken care soon!

And thank you for the great tutorial!

Stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted below this, but that character was rigged with the Mixamo auto rigger. I tried with the Tpose and an animation and neither were able to generate a rig using the addon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taylor,

Could you attach the character file here?

Or otherwise you can send it to stefano@adobe.com and I will have a look.

Thank you!

Stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blender_bowwAKaPI8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that error in 2.91 and 2.93.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got 2 fixes for that one, one is start from scratch by importing the FBX again in to blank blend file or use this script.

For ne the issue was when its start to generate, it returns an error "cs>master already in Master Collection". I got that fixed my self by adding an extra line in objects.py #89. This is the line i added and added 1 indent to the 2 lines below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to understand this solution, but I'm not a code writer. 

Does "if not collec in obj.users_collection:" go ON line 89 or on a new line after? And when you say add an indent, do you mean to these 2 lines?

assigned_collections.append(collec)

if len(assigned_collections) > 0:

So it looks like this?

assigned_collections = []
for collec in cs_grp.users_collection:
collec.objects.link(obj)
if not collec in obj.users_collection:  (<--- line inserted)
assigned_collections.append(collec)  (<-- indented)

if len(assigned_collections) > 0: (<-- indented)
# remove previous collections
for i in obj.users_collection:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my comment on what the indentation should look like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i also am getting errors trying to run the Create Control Rig button. 

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Mixamo add-on for Blender\mixamo_rig.py", line 176, in execute
    _make_rig(self)
  File "C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Mixamo add-on for Blender\mixamo_rig.py", line 1900, in _make_rig
    add_arm("Left")
  File "C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Mixamo add-on for Blender\mixamo_rig.py", line 1804, in add_arm
    add_driver_to_prop(rig, 'pose.bones["'+arm_name+'"].constraints["'+cns_fk_name+'"].influence', 'pose.bones["'+c_hand_ik_name+'"]["ik_fk_switch"]', array_idx=-1, exp="var")
  File "C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Mixamo add-on for Blender\lib\drivers.py", line 28, in add_driver_to_prop
    drivers_list = obj.animation_data.drivers
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'drivers'

I'm using the latest version of Windows Blender 2.93.2

I uploaded a mesh to mixamo to get the skeleton/skin fbx file. 
imported into a blank scene in blender and then tried to run the tool.

I also tried adding the code you mentioned to objects.py but still didn't work:

# assign to new collection
            assigned_collections = []
            for collec in cs_grp.users_collection:
                    collec.objects.link(obj)
                    assigned_collections.append(collec)

Any idea how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a quick note, i was trying to apply the rig to a fbx file with no animation. just the model/skeleton fbx from mixamo. I just tried with a version that has an animation in the fbx and that worked! I don't know why, but there you go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are also other issues ive seen where rigs from Mixamo have the bone names different. The addon is quite specific on what names it shoudl have. Ive been trying different code to get it to work. One big down side i find with the Mixamo rigs is they use left and righ or L and R in the middle of the bone name. Therefor lots of Blenders operator dont work. Blender want the L and R to be at the end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I thought this also, but it didn't work for me. Both the A-Pose and T-Pose export didn't work as well as exporting with an animation. I even exported Adobe's own characters just to see if there was anything different and Adobe's characters didn't work either. It seems very hit and miss. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing that problematic file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing that problematic file?

By @schroef

What would you want? The fbx or the .blend?

In A pose or animated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

older characters will work best for workflows as some of the newer models are made using different rigs + Blender is picky about [Fbx] file types

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should not really matter actually, they use the same FBX exporter from Mixamo. They actually stated that in the news, they use FBX 2019.

In some apps FBX lets you choose what "year" import method you want to use, Blender doesnt have that. Im not actually sure what its in Blender. It has have had work done in past 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am somtimes getting an error as well, but even when I don't, it doesn't work. The addon only generates a controller for the whole rig (Ctrl_Master). No bones get controllers, no IK, nothing. I've tried with several different models direct from Mixamo and uploaded a couple of my own. Even tried downloading with Tpose and with animation, but I get similar results.Mixamo.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the console state in your case, it must return an error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, any solution for this ? 

tranlong021988_0-1628783683751.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another issue: Some controls is not placing correct 

tranlong021988_0-1628784232297.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines