• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Erroneous Error Message opening Ps Beta 2024 25.0

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Photoshop Beta to 2024 v25.0 on my Windows 11 machine.

Now when I try to open photos from LR 12.4 using the "edit in...", it hangs up for a time and then comes up saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

When I hit "Ok" it then opens the file in Photoshop 2024. 

This happens with every file, even if Photoshop 2024 is already up and running at the time. 

This does not happen with 2023 v24.7.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Lightroom Classic 12.5 released this evening.  If used in conjunction with PS Beta 25.0 or later, this erroneous error message plus long open wait time should be mitigated. Please install LrC 12.5 and make certain that your Beta is up to date.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

This thread will be

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1160 Replies 1160
1,160 Comments
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i click edit in photoshop it opens photoshop but not my file and no matter what i try (restart, open close progs etc) it doesnt work. The only way i can get it to open in PS is to open in PS as smart object. Then i convert it from a smart object and work on it the when i finish i flatten the image and get this error message: The command select is not available

You click ok and it flattens it anyway so not as much of an issue but i would like to know how to sort this.

Then when i close the file and press save i get this error message - Error 21: undefined is not an object.

I click ok and then it puts up the same error message. I click ok again and then it closes the image but instead of it going back to LR like it should do it saves it in the same folder as my original raw file on my computer but i then have to import this tiff in to LR to see it alongside the others. Please can anyone offer a solution. I dont know if this is an issue with LR, PS or Cam Raw.

im running - lightroom 12.4, camera raw 15.4, photoshop 24.7.0, apple ventura 13.4.1 (c)

Thank you 

Chris 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened before, and it's happening again now within Adobe's own product suite for me with LR Classic 12.4 and PS 24.7.0  (NOT beta). OSX Ventura 13.4.1

Very frustrating to see this sort of problem with core functionality of the suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dziękuję bardzo za odpowiedź 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be it's time for all of us to try C1 or ON1???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted Beta and now regular current regular Photoshop doesn't even try to open up photos sent from Lightoom. The workflow is totally busted. Everything has ground to a halt. Why can't ths be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so i just went back to previous version of photoshop (24.6.0) and it all seems to be working the way it should again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! on photoshop beta generative fill is not working at all on any image. Plus issue when trying to use "edit in photoshop beta" from lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe das Problem seit dem letzten Update auch. Ein zügiges Arbeiten ist so überhaupt nicht möglich. Ich kann auch keine andere PS Version mehr in der Voreinstellung wählen. Es nimmt immer automatisch die Beta und dann sitze ich da und warte auf die Fehlermeldung, damit ich dann weitermachen kann. Manchmal dauert das mehrere Minuten bis etwas passiert und wenn ich in der Zeit noch mal klicke, zerschieße ich mir Datein oder LR reagiert gar nicht mehr. 
Wir brauchen hier dringend einen Bug-Fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT restricted to Ps Beta. This is happening with the full current Ps as well.   Also not restricted to Windows, this is happening on Mac Ventura for Apple Silicon as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only problem is this option is not available for Beta version

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom edits sent to photo shop beta do not opem up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely a Photoshop bug. Current versions of Photosho (Beta) and Photoshop would not open files from Lightroom. I uninstalled Beta and current Photoshop and installed an earlier version of non-Beta Photoshop. It's working again, thankfully, but how will we know when it's safe to update again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced this problem only after the latest update (LRC 12.4 and PS Beta). When I right click "Edit in Photoshop" it will take anywhere between 1-5 minutes, bring up a pop up screen saying "This file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 cannot be launched". After reading some of the other threads and solutions, an uninstall and reinstall later, I now get to the point where if I click ok on that popup box, LRC will slowly create the TIF file and the TIF file opens in Photoshop a few minutes later.  This is so frustrating as I was in the middle of editing a large suite of images for a client.

I am also a Nikon user working with NEF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop (Beta) 25.0.0 not available for Apple Silicon - LrC Interface Problems

1. Only Intel Version is available
    2023-08-03_07-15-04.png
  2. Severe interface probems when sending images from LrC to Beta
    2023-07-29_13-00-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transfer of an image from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop beta does not work reliably. An error message appears that Photoshop beta could not be loaded. When I confirm this, the image is opened in Photoshop.

The problem does not exist in the previous PS version.

Versions:

Lightroom Classic 12.4

Photoshop beta 25.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, même problème, ça commence à devenir gênant.

Espérons une maj rapide.

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola no se si a alguien más le pasa, llevo un par de semanas que cuando estoy editando en LR, si hay alguna foto que necesito elimiar o editar algo en PS, le hago botón derecho, editar en, le doy a PS y se abre el programa, pero no hay manera de que me abra la foto... mes estoy volviendo loca porque edito muchas bodas y necesito hacer algunos arreglos y no hay manera, tengo que hacer por separado y pierdo muchísimo tiempo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

j'ai le même probleme sous windows Lrc ouvre d'office Ps beta version 25.0 j'ai pas trouver la solution malgres un chat avec Adobe

Je reste preneur de la solution 

Bonne journée 

philippe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open as layers in photoshop is not working. Edit in photoshop 2023 is not working. Open as smart object in photoshop IS working.

What gives?

MacOS

Version 13.4.1 (c)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Can't open files in Beta V25.0. Tried reinstalling and everything. 

After a LONG while LR CC prompts: cannot start Photoshop 2024.

This is a bit annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello 

new problem occured. Macbook mini m2pro (ventura 13.4). all adobe apps up to date

-> when i m trying to edit photos in PS (beta) from photos (edit in Photoshop Beta) nothing happens. after repeating 4-5 times this procces, an error appears. 

An internal error has occurred.

AgStoreProviderSession:getEntityByID: id must be a number or string.

if i try to open them in Photoshop 2023, it works. but i need photoshop Beta 

i edited in this manner thounsands of pictures so i m not doing anything abnormal. 

can someone help me with this? 

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downgraded PS beta to an old version and it works. but i still want answer for the newest version 😄 thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution for myself.
First I renamed the PS Beta folder Photoshop.exe to Photoshop Beta.exe.
Normal Photoshop was then no longer recognized by Lightroom. So I uninstalled (!!keep settings!!) and reinstalled it.
Now when I select "edit with..." in Lightroom, I have two menu items at the top - one for regular Photoshop (CTRL+E) and one for Beta (CTRL+ALT+E).
Everything works fine as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Si yo también desinstalé photoshop, mantener y al volver a instalar ya lo reconoce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not open the file in Adobe photoshop 2024 since I installed the latest version of Photoshop Beta, which has the description "Adobe photoshop 2024" in the description of the photoshop.exe file.
In fact, until the previous version of the beta I could edit the file, or by selecting multiple files, open them in layers in photoshop (both beta and normal).
I tried everything by uninstalling and reinstalling the various apps but I realized that this is only possible if the photoshop.exe files have "Adobe photoshop 2023" in the file description.
Has this happened to any of you before and how did you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate