• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Erroneous Error Message opening Ps Beta 2024 25.0

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Photoshop Beta to 2024 v25.0 on my Windows 11 machine.

Now when I try to open photos from LR 12.4 using the "edit in...", it hangs up for a time and then comes up saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

When I hit "Ok" it then opens the file in Photoshop 2024. 

This happens with every file, even if Photoshop 2024 is already up and running at the time. 

This does not happen with 2023 v24.7.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Lightroom Classic 12.5 released this evening.  If used in conjunction with PS Beta 25.0 or later, this erroneous error message plus long open wait time should be mitigated. Please install LrC 12.5 and make certain that your Beta is up to date.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

This thread will be

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1160 Replies 1160
1,160 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know it's working for you.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here (Mac) - this is so annoying!

Beside the bug with the print-module (LR keeps crashing everytime) - actually using LR is a horrible experience!

This bugs are known for months and I would declare them not as minor ones. It can't be took so long to fix this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me podeis dejar tranquila no haceis mas que mandarme emails y no entiendo
nada

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was using the latest version of both LR and PS and was having the same issue. 

I uninstalled PS and "downgraded" to latest PS Beta version. 

Link between LR and PS is working fine now. Try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some years I did a (real) clean reinstallation of MacOS and all programs (without using TimeMachine-Backups) - now both LR and PS are working fine.

I have no longer issues with the print-module nor the "exchange" between LR and PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! I made a fix to Photoshop CC to prevent a preset error message from appearing when I exited the program. Now Lightroom won't launch Photoshop (I use CTRL-E). Except I read your explanation and I get that too. Lightroom says it won't launch Photoshop but when I press OK, it launches it anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so pressing CTRL-E in Lightroom Classic v12.5 did not launch Photoshop CC v25. Then I read a comment and waited. Lightroom said it couldn't launch Photoshop. I clicked on OK and it did launch Photoshop. I changed the Photoshop workspace from Essentials to Photography. Everything looked like I wanted.

I closed Photoshop. In Lightroom, I pressed CTRL-E again and Photoshop came right up. I had to approve charges first because I was opening Photoshop as Administrator, but then it opened - but on the Essentials workspace, even though Photography was checked. I clicked on Photography and that workspace came up. Is a puzzlement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I finally found a fix that worked. It involves deleting a file and letting Photoshop create a new one that works. I was cautious and just renamed the old file so it wouldn't be accessed.  Here is a video that explains what to do:  

https://youtu.be/duKw8H2Rrjk?si=PTX6Re1ioEPoiKw8

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Lr 12.5 and attempting to "Photo>Edit In > Open as layers in Ps 25.0" the application just hangs the landing page in Photoshop. I have restarted the Mac runing the new macOS Sonoma 14.0 and it's still not functioning properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue just now in MacOS Sonoma 14.1. I had the beta Photoshop installed along with the production release v24. Opening from LrC (latest) opened just fine in the beta Photoshop. I uninstalled the beta because I didn't need it anymore (I only had it installed to try the then-new AI generative fill stuff), then when I tried open-in from LrC, it opened Photoshop 24, but didn't open the file. 

I uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop, and now the edit-in opens the file correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate