• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Erroneous Error Message opening Ps Beta 2024 25.0

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Photoshop Beta to 2024 v25.0 on my Windows 11 machine.

Now when I try to open photos from LR 12.4 using the "edit in...", it hangs up for a time and then comes up saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

When I hit "Ok" it then opens the file in Photoshop 2024. 

This happens with every file, even if Photoshop 2024 is already up and running at the time. 

This does not happen with 2023 v24.7.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Lightroom Classic 12.5 released this evening.  If used in conjunction with PS Beta 25.0 or later, this erroneous error message plus long open wait time should be mitigated. Please install LrC 12.5 and make certain that your Beta is up to date.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

This thread will be

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1160 Replies 1160
1,160 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you can do is uninstall Photoshop Beta and let it remove Preferences. Don't keep it. Then install once again. Open the app and load a previous photo before sending one from Lightroom CC to Photoshop Beta. It does not crash anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Adobe, are we giving up the farm?

After the Adobe PS Beta snafu update that still has not been fixed. Now when we update LR, cannot flip to PS 2023 or PS beta. No file found.

THIS IS GETTING REDICULOUS

Adobe, is anyone testing these updates? Really? anyone?

Last two updates fro LR and PS Beta are physical disaters.

Are you pushing everyone to Capture one?

Please, as a 12 year usere, [abuse removed by moderator].

Working prfessionals are being crushed by your shortfalls.

mac os Ventura 13.4.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, I have the latest Lightroom Classic version 12.5 and Photoshop 24.7.0 on my Mac. In the meantime I had once installed the Photoshop Beta. I have uninstalled the beta again. Since then I can transfer the images from Lightroom to Photoshop for editing. However, when I want to save these images, this no longer automatically goes back to Lightroom. I have to specify a save location again each time.
Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You talk about 'we' but everything works as expected on my MBP M1 Max and MacOS Ventura 13.5.1. I notice your still use MacOS 13.4.1 so I would start by updating MacOS, for your own security. Maybe that solves this problem too because it sounds like this could be an issue with the MacOS LaunchServices database. You never know!

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole purpose of a Beta release is to get code with potential bugs into a larger user base so that people will identify and report the things that are broken. Then they get fixed prior to general release. 

Working professionals understand the risks of using beta code and don't put their primary work at risk by switching to beta software in their front line setup. Betas are best tested outside of critical work with non critical backup systems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RichardJPhotography  It looks like something may be up on your system

Since the recent LR update I have no problem here going from Lightroom to PS Beta (shown as PS2024) or PS production shown as PS2023

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

buenas noches, cuando edito una foto en lightroom y despues intento pasarla a photoshop beta parece que carga porque se habre photoshop pero no carga la imagen y me sucede desde la penultima actualizacion. No entiendo por que sucede

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Beta 25.1.0

Macbook Pro - 16 inch 2019

Mac OS - Ventura 13.5.1 (22G90)

Updated to Beta 25.1 after completely uninstalling 25.0. Tried to 'edit in' from Lightroom. As with 25.0, the Beta 25.1.0 would open but file would not. After about 5 minutes I received a error message that the file could not be open because Beta failed to launch. After closing th error box, the file would then, in fact, appear. Exactly the same issue as 25.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open 2 photos as layers in Photoshop from Lightroom I get only 1 image as 2 layers. It is not possible to see the 2 different photos in Photoshop. 
I would like to do a face swap, but that's not possible at this moment becuase it does not open as layers. 

I use the latests version from Photoshop version 25.0 and Lightroom classic 12.5 

Thank you in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused- "I get only 1 image as 2 layers"...."it does not open as layers".

Do you mean you want two separate documents to open (perhaps as separate Tabs or windows).?

For separate documents in Ps-  In Lightroom-Classic simply select the two (or more) images and [Ctrl+E] [Edit in Photoshop].

If you [Open as Layers] then you do get one document and you would need to use masking and move or transform, to position one face in the top layer over the lower layer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 14.0, Photoshop 26.0, ACR 17.0, Lightroom 8.0, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 15.0.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean I select 2 images in Lightroom and click at "open as layers in Photoshop" 
Then I get 2 layers, but with 1 image, not with 2. I need 2 layers with 2 different layers to do the face swap indeed. 
It still does not work unfortunately.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So open both images as individual images and then drag (or copy/paste) the one into the other. 

And if any scaling, rotating, … are necessary don’t forget to convert it to a Smart Object before that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can report this is still broken. 

Open as smart object layers in particular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still does not work. When I do that (copy paste the image to the other document) I still get the same image in the document as a result. Smart object does not work either. Is there no solution for this? Because now it is impossble to do a face swap at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tineke31666727rvbj , please post meaningful screenshots (obviously not in tabbed view) including the pertinent Panels to clarify how you are combining the two images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are 2 screenshots. 
First image is what I do in Lightroom; choose for "open in Photoshop as layers" 
Second image is what I see in Photoshop: Don't mind the name of the image, but this is image nr. 1 in 2 layers (And not 2 different images, which I have selected in Lightroom) 

Screenshot Lightroom layers in Photoshop.pngScreenshot same image in 2 layers Photoshop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tineke31666727rvbj

Maybe I'm not understanding your problem correctly. As far as I understand it correctly, you have a problem with sending a photo from Laitrum to PS. From your attached photo (screenshot) you have a rather unusual method of sending. Try sending a photo in the following way.Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 15.08.36.pngScreenshot 2023-09-22 at 15.09.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what I am seeing here is a misunderstanding of Layers in Photoshop. It looks to me like both images are present in Photoshop, one on top of the other, exactly as expected. to see the layer underneath, you have to mask the layer on top to hide or reveal the areas you want to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>And not 2 different images

then why do the 2 layers have different file names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now September 26, 2023 and this problem still exists for me. I've rolled back to PS version 24.7 and the "Edit in Adobe Photoshop" is now working again, but alas, no Generative AI. This is getting a bit ridiculous and costly with regards to the number of hours trying to resolve this instead of using the software.

Mac Pro M1 Sonoma Ver 14.0

LR Ver 12.5

PS  Ver 24.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thomas_tx, couple of issues.

PS 2023 version 24.7, Lightroom Classic 12.5, Camera Raw Plugin version 15.5.1 for PS are the Adobe latest versions for the Photography plan and are 100% comparable.

PS 2024 version 25.0 released, however Lightroom Classic 13.0 and Camera Raw plugin version 16.0 for PS have not been released as yet that should be released in a couple of weeks.

Adobe has not confirmed full compatibility with the newly released version of Apple macOS as yet.

This has happened for the past several years every October.

Good idea to monitor for a several weeks for things to settle if you have critical work to perform.

Just my humble opinion.

E.G - These are maga companies and they do not wait on anyone they go when ready, as an example Adobe released the LrC upgrade of LrC 12.0 on October 18th 2022 and Apple released macOS 13 on October 24th 2022 the clouds did not clear until Feb/March 2023.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 14.0.1, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the screen capture hopefully Adobe will be ready by this date.

Adobe launch of 2024 photograph apps.Adobe launch of 2024 photograph apps.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 14.0.1, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is disconcerting. I have a lot of work to do.

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thomas_tx

Hello, otherwise I don't know if you are not following the updates, because now you have a brand new version of Photoshop 2024 - 25.0.0. Release. I myself use mack studio and everything works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes 

Hello, why should I use PS 2023 version-24.7 if PS is updated to 2024 version 25.0.0. and the link between laitrum and PS is fully functional. At least to me.Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 11.14.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate