• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Erroneous Error Message opening Ps Beta 2024 25.0

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Photoshop Beta to 2024 v25.0 on my Windows 11 machine.

Now when I try to open photos from LR 12.4 using the "edit in...", it hangs up for a time and then comes up saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

When I hit "Ok" it then opens the file in Photoshop 2024. 

This happens with every file, even if Photoshop 2024 is already up and running at the time. 

This does not happen with 2023 v24.7.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Lightroom Classic 12.5 released this evening.  If used in conjunction with PS Beta 25.0 or later, this erroneous error message plus long open wait time should be mitigated. Please install LrC 12.5 and make certain that your Beta is up to date.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

This thread will be

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1160 Replies 1160
1,160 Comments
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that LRC reports that it can't launch PS beta and after clicking through the alert screen, it loads the image into PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe this is still yet in the "reporting to the beta team" stage after a week.  I am not an guru tech but this was very basic from the start and yet the beta went out.  No an alpha test first?  Sorry, blowing some steam.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Macbook Pro  OS Ventura Version 13.2.1 I use Lightroom Classic to organize and do minor edits and open photos through Lightroom into Photoshop to do major edits. 

For the last two days anytime I have selected - Edit in Photoshop within Lightroom Classic (version 12.4) it will open Photoshop (version 24.7.0) but it won't "transfer" the picture into it to edit it. I have tried closing the apps and even turned my computer off and rebooted. It's still doing it. Is anyone else having this problem or just me? Any solutions would be much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic working on images and doing fine tuning in photoshop Beta. Going from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop beta is very slow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating your macOS to version 13.4.1.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.3.1,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I keep getting this error when I try opening my RAW imagse from Lightroom to edit in PS Beta. Lightroom lags, then does the following. 

1. First error: The files cannont be edited because Adobe Photoshop beta could not be launched. 

2. Once i hit ok, it then will either open or have the second error box stating "AgStoreProviderSession:getEntityByID: id must be a number or string."

3. Then the image will either open fine in PS or it looses data like the image attached. 

I am operating on a:

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)

Apple M1 Max

Memory 64 GB 

MAC OS Montery Version 12.21.1

My light room and PS Beta are up to date.

Can anyone help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to export file from LRC it only recognizes PS2023 although Beta is open.  Then gives a message that could not export and could not launch PS2023.  I hit OK and it then opens the file in PS beta.

I  don't have the same issue on my i-7 machine.

TxRanger_0-1691209340783.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really furstrating that the most basic integration between LR and PS is not working and still this version has been released ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try setting the retail PS as the second Edit-In option in Lightroom. Navigate to its folder and select photoshop.exe

For the past week I simply transferred the image to Beta manually but have now downgraded to the previous beta version and all is well and I don't seem to be missing out on any features.

You can't install Beta without the retail PS installed, but I wonder if you then disabled [by renaming it's exe file] or even deleted the original PS would that solve the issue? 

Another idea is to create a shortcut to the beta photoshop.exe and point LR to that for the alternative editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install Photoshop beta as well? This is a known bug. The work-around for now is to uninstall both versions of Photoshop and then reinstall Photoshop 24.7. If you want to use Photoshop beta as well, then install the previous version, not the latest version.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problème de blocage, transfert ne s'effectue que de façon tout à fait aléatoire. C'est souvent impossible

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here only im on windows, trying to open layers in photoshop, photoshop opens then stops only for light room to proudly announce it cant lauch photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo zusammen

Ich habe das folgende Problem: wenn ich ein Bild von Lightrom zum Photoshop schicken will - über "in Adobe Photoshop 2023 öffnen" öffnet sich Photoshop - bleibt allerdings beim Startbildschirm hängen. Das selbe Problem taucht auf, wenn ich mehrere Bilder von Lightroom zum Photoshop über "in Photoshop als Ebene öffnen" schicken möchte. Das hat früher problemlos funktioniert.

Mac Ventura 13.2

Lightroom Version 12.4

Photoshop Version 24.7.0

Besten Dank für eine Hilfe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop are you having a problem with?

If it's the Photoshop beta or you've installed but not using the beta, then the below linked thread identifies the issue and workaround. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-lightroom-classic-gt-edit-in-ps-long-delay-erro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that selecting Edit Original in LR works with the latest Beta PS.

So clearly it is something to do with the creation of the intermediate file containing the LR edits that is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm very surprised that this problem last so long, the only solution for all users of LRC+PS or PS Beta, is to downgrade to a version with no "generative fill" tool, what if this was done on purpose by Adobe, because there "generative fill " tool have so much success that it needs a tremendous broadband to transmit data??? because from LRC we still modify in Capture 1, ON1 etc but not the latest version of PS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eric269890627poe , the latest released versions of LrC and PS are LrC 12.4 and PS 24.7.

Photoshop “Beta” is not a released version.

When you use LrC edit in ON1, or another third party application a tiff file is created by LrC and opened in the other application.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.3.1,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now the next morning and I have found a PS beta update in the CC updates section.(:  After doing the update and restarting my computer I find that nothing has changed. 😞 The issue is exactly the same.

Could the issue being within LR? Partially or fully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Consider including the following in your question:

• Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message (s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

Thanks. The above info will help to solve your problem.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

j'ai le même soucis et c'est fatigant, impossible de traiter correctement les reportages 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing photoshop beta, I can no longer open an image from lightroom into photoshop. In the preferences in lightroom, there was only 2024 as an option version while I also have v24.7 installed. It would open photoshop but then not open the image. I removed the beta version of photoshop and now it wont let me choose which photoshop version to open in from lighroom. Ive unistalled and reinstalled both without any fixes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider kann ich nur berichten, dass ich dasselbe Problem habe. In den Voreinstellungen kann ich nauch Deinstallation der Beta-Version 25.0.0 überhaupt keine Verbindung mehr einstellen, also auch nicht zum "normalen" Photoshop 2023. Des Weiteren sind sämtliche Bearbeitungsmöglichkeiten "in Photoshop als Panoramabild..." oder in "Photoshop als Ebenen" öffen nicht mehr möglich, seit dem Beta 25.0.0 installiert ist und auch nach Deinstallation bleiben die Felder grau.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roll back your beta version to the previous 24.6

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, works fine for me now with the version 24.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent Photoshop update seems to work now, but i'm too chicken to reinstall Beta.
How do I stop getting emails about the hundereds of people having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate