• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Erroneous Error Message opening Ps Beta 2024 25.0

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Photoshop Beta to 2024 v25.0 on my Windows 11 machine.

Now when I try to open photos from LR 12.4 using the "edit in...", it hangs up for a time and then comes up saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

When I hit "Ok" it then opens the file in Photoshop 2024. 

This happens with every file, even if Photoshop 2024 is already up and running at the time. 

This does not happen with 2023 v24.7.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Lightroom Classic 12.5 released this evening.  If used in conjunction with PS Beta 25.0 or later, this erroneous error message plus long open wait time should be mitigated. Please install LrC 12.5 and make certain that your Beta is up to date.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

This thread will be

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1160 Replies 1160
1,160 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature "Edit in Photoshop (Beta)" in Adobe Lightroom Classic is not working. This feature only launch the Photoshop (Beta), but dont open my photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

J'ai un message d'erreur lorsque j'utilise la fonction "Modifier dans Photoshop" sous LRC. Ce message est récent auaparavant je n'avais pas de soucis....

Environ 3-4 minutes, après avoir utiliser la fonction "Modifier dans Photoshop" un message apparait dans LRC : "Le fichier n'a pas été modifié, car Adobe Photoshop n'a pas pu être lancé." alors que Photoshop  est déjà ouvert.... (voir pj).

Losque je valide le message, le process se déroule comme avant : génération d'un fichier de modification + ouverture dans Photoshop.

Je ne comprends pouquoi j'ai cette nouvelle étape qui est apparue et qui ralenti fortement mon flux.

Rq: J'ai désinstallé et réinstallé Lighroom et photoshop > cela ne change rien

- LRC version12,4

- Photoshop (Beta) version 25,0,0 

- Mac OS 

En vous remerciant d'avance pour votre aide

Qd je clique sur le message sur ce message 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR Classic ver 12.4 installed (Windows 11). It will not launch files in PS when selecting "open as layers in PS". LRC starts PS, but then nothing happens until the attached error message appears after a while.

The same issue appears when trying "Edit in PS".

Anyone else with this issue?Error LR 12.4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing. But mine is doing that when I have the Beta version of PS selected in LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LRc command "edit in adobe photoshop 2023" or "open as a smart object in Photoshop" fails to open PhotoShop (beta). The command works with Photoshop 2023. It appears that one can load a tiff file -- or perhaps a psd file -- into PS (beta) from LRc. This technical problem is frustrating. Please fix asap so we can coninue to test the Beta version. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The following instructions were given to me by the 'help' team but doesn't work. ( I can't find the beta exe file although the program is open on my desktop.

1. You can uninstall both Photoshop and Photoshop beta first from Creative cloud application and while uninstalling Keep the settings.
  2. Than try to install Photoshop beta first and open Lightroom classic

> Go to edit menu > Preferences > external editor > If you can see Photoshop beta on top one than can choose Photoshop beta there, if not than in second part of external editor custom> Choose Photoshop beta from Program files > Adobe > Photoshop beta exe file

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I guess I did not fully explain the problem. Since I first started using PSbeta i have been aware that in order to load files from LRc, it needs to be launched first. I have experienced the same problem reported elsewhere with this newest beta version 25.0.0. After failing to load a raw file into PSbeta, LRC creates a Tiff file automatically (just like it does for add-ons such as Nik6 or On1 before launching them). Once the tiff file is created, i issue the command open or edit in PS, and PSbeta then understands and loads file. I can edit, and once I am ready to save the tiff file, PSbeta asks me if I want to save the new file. That is what I am reporting. I don't have that issue with PS, just with the beta25

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the "export as a psd" method is better than Terry's approach. I made an export shortcut for both photoshop and photoshop beta. No saving metadata, no dragging files. It even saves back to lightroom. Very similar to the way lightroom classic handles editing in some 3rd party add ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Select DNG for processing in Photoshop Beta (25.0.0) 2023. Ask Lightroom to transfer DNG to Photoshop Beta. Nothing happens.....but sometimes Photoshop Beta opens and still no image transfer.

Lightroom details: Lightroom Classic 12.4

Photoshop Beta: 25.0.0 (updated 8 August 2023 in Sydney)

Mac OS: Ventura 13.5

Macbook: M2 Max Pro late June 2023, Memory 64GB/1 TB storage.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Use current edition of Lightroom (updated via CC).

2. Use current beta release of Photoshop beta.

3. Select Photo/edit in/Photoshop Beta (have tried deleting and readding Photoshop Beta after updates into editing preferences but so far this has made little or no difference that I can recall).

4. Check in Photoshop beta whether the image has come across. You should just see an open session of Photoshop beta

5. Wait......then a mesage comes up in Lightroom saying that it couldn't open Photoshop Beta. You will sometimes see that a second image is created in .psd (in my case - standard setting) in Lightroom which needs to be deleted as nothing has been done within Photoshop Beta.

6. Wait some more, as the errors don't come up immediately. Then there will be a message in Lightroom in a box:

"An internal error has occurred.

AgStoreProviderSession:getEntityBylD:

id must be a number or string." (screenshot attached)

Can you please review this? Photoshop Beta is wonderful but thought that this information may be useful in fixing problems - just having problems getting images into 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Cory,

Your suggestion to install earlier versions helped and enabled smooth operation, as of now. 

Thanks.

However, shall appreciate, upon fixation of the Bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same version which you just reverted back from.

They did not corrrect it yet whih is very odd since this is a minor fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have seen a few posts on this, but nothing specific to my question. I know PS beta is stil updating reqularly, but I do prefer it because it speeds up my workflow. I only have PS 2024 as external editor option and can't change it in Preferences. I only had PS 2023 installed, so this was already confusing. I uninstalled PS2023 to only have beta available, but it didn't make a difference. So now when I select PS 2024 as external editor, beta does open but the file doesn't. I put the request through 3 times before an error message pops up and the file eventually opens in beta since it basically bypasses the PS2024 setting and uses what's available. So it takes me 5 minutes to open a file!

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an known issue with the Photohop 2024 beat that results in the transferred file not appearing in Photoshop for mnay minutes. Therefore, until the issue is fixed, you'll need to downgrade to Photoshop 24.6 or 24.7 I've included a screenshot below showing the steps involved.

Also, note that your post will likley be merged into the Photoshop Beta thread specigic to this issue.

photoshop 24.7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU details below 

I've had no issues with Lightroom and Photoshop Plugin and with the Beta version too - however since the new update....When I try and "edit in Photoshop Beta' I get the message after 2 mins 

The files could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop (Beta) could not be launched.

There is also another error that appears that says

AgStoreProviderSession:getEntityByID: id must be a number or string.

Either way the photos I want to focus stack in photoshop are not importing in photoshop!!

Can anyone help please?

Lightroom Classic version: 12.4 [ 202306052221-b70c0975 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-GB
Operating system: Mac OS 13
Version: 13.5.0 [22G74]
Application architecture: arm64
Logical processor count: 20
Processor speed: NA
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 65,536.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65,536.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 8,647.4 MB (13.1%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 420,575.1 MB
Memory cache size: 67.1MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 15.4 [ 1508 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 894MB / 32767MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: 969MB / 65536MB (1%)
Standard Preview Size: 1440 pixels
Displays: 1) 4096x2304

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: Apple M1 Ultra
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very, very surprised, that such a major bug could actually happen .... I could never imagine, that Adobe would not test its own updates ... what a shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Beta ver 25.0 Win OS no longer opens to edit from LR. Screenshot 2023-08-07 182017.pngScreenshot 2023-08-08 102614.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neural filters dont work, they load, but the filter themselves have no effect

liquify filter crashes photshop every time i try it,  it will work in the liquify menu, but doesnt save any of it when i click ok, and then photoshop then stops functioning properly (wont zoom in or out, things like that)  needs to be shut down.

when i go to load in photoshop from lightroom, it will take a really long time, eventually it gives me about 5 pop-ups saying it cant load the image,  then after i close those pop ups, it loads the image....

im working mainly with CR2 files, from Canon Cameras and importing from ligthroom and the output is JPG

im on windows using an Nvidia graphics card, i havent changed anything on my computer lately.

these problems appeared a number of months back, and have been with me before i upgraded to 2024 beta, but have carried over to it.  (the popups when importing from lightroom i think has arrived with the beta version)

I reset my preferences, all that did was make me lose all my preferred settings but didnt fix anything

i have attatched my system specsUntit      led-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@francos6787007 please report the issue on the Photoshop (Beta) forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same situation. It takes 5 minutes to open one file after I get
the error that Beta has not launched.

--
Charlie & Violet Photography
<Removed Personal Information>  ~Mod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Lightroom preferences select as your second open as preference for open in Windows go to program files/ adobe/ adobe Photoshop 2023/… and select Photoshop.EXE.

1. To edit a file right click and edit in Photoshop.exe then close it and it will save to Lightroom (my settings are set to save as a tiff file).
  2. Then right click and open in go to shop 2024. This is the beta version, and it will now open the file. Do your work and close.
  3. Go back to Lightroom and if you see a window saying that it could not open go to File Explorer and find the tiff file that you just saved and move it to a new location or rename it. If you do not Photoshop beta will overwrite it and remove your edits.
  4. You can right click and synchronize the folders to get your file back in Lightroom and continue editing in Lightroom beta which now recognizes that file and will open it (for a while). Opening as layers does not work. Selecting more than one will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A beta version is only lightly tested. We are volunteers who let Adobe know what does and does not work on thousands of different computers. Our reports prompt the engineers to work on fixing issues. Some problems take longer than others to solve. Think of all the coding involved. I used to beta test Windows and that was far riskier than this. Only those willing to risk things not working as expected should participate. Professionals who rely on LR PS should not risk beta testing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100% with Sherry. As a working professional, I would never rely on a beta product to deliver content to a client.  I tried it a couple of months ago and had slightly different issues when editing into PS from LR. I immediately uninstalled it and went back to the production versions of both and have zero issues. I worked for years without AI in my workflow - I think I will be OK for a little while longer. 

Obviously the fix is more difficult which is why it's not done yet. The pinned reply at the top of the thread from Adobe explain how to get back to a working setup. Do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola acabo de instalar la nueva actualizacion de Photoshop Beta y Lr y cuando quiero pasar las fotos desde Lr a Ps me da error, me dice que  EL ARCHIVO NO SE HA PODIDO EDITAR POR QUE ADOBE PHOTOSHOP 2024 NO SE PUDO EJECUTAR

Photoshop Beta 25.0.0
Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jesus5D46 please report the issue on the Photoshop (Beta) forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @djmattyz the LR/PS beta issue has been noted here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-lightroom-classic-gt-edit-in-ps-erroneous-error...

As for the other issues go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste details in a reply. Post only once as the system takes time to process the large amount of data.

Votes

Translate

Translate